9. A CAT WITH NO BRAIN

LEILA~

"You will believe me. What I did was not right and I realize it now. But let me tell you this, I am all set and determined to get you back no matter what. I'm not losing you again and there is no way in hell you can get rid of me. I am truly sorry for what I did. I love you, Night." He said and walked away.

Okay... what just happened? Am I dreaming? "Ouch..." I yelled as I pinched myself to check if it was a dream. He must be high or something. Because I cannot find any other logical reason of why would he come at this time of night just to tell me that he is sorry?

Well guess what Mr. Douche you're not getting any apologies. I wanted to shout 'go to hell' at him but he was gone by the time I regained by capability to speak. Damn my slow thinking.

Nonetheless I dragged myself towards my room, laid on bed but sleep never came. I say that I don't care but I couldn't help but feel tingles when he kissed my forehead. As much as I tried to show that to him I bet my eyes gave it all away. Traitorous eyes!

But it did felt good, his touch, his lips against my skin. Aah... Stop thinking like a hormonal teenager. I scolded myself.

It's been one hour and I'm still awake. I finally decided it's now time to call Rachel. She'll know what to do, she always does. I called her three times then she finally picked up.

"Do you know what time is it?" she asked in a corked voice.

"I can't sleep." I mumbled.

I heard her straightening herself and asked me "Did you have that nightmare again?" her voice laced with concern. "No... This is worst. Ezra came and apologized, he said he loves me and will do anything to get me back." I said. There was a silence for a moment.

"So did you forgive him or not?" she asked yawning like a monkey.

What! I thought I didn't hear her properly so I asked her to repeat herself.

"I said did you or did you not forgive him?" she said.

"Well... that was not what I was expecting from you." I said taunting.

"What'd you expect me to say then."? She asked.

"I don't know... more like 'That whore fucker, I'm going to chop his balls off.' something like that" I said mimicking her.

She laughed. "Leila do you remember when I ruined your science project intentionally when we were in 8th grade, because yours was way better than mine and I was jealous?" she asked.

"Yeah?" I said not getting what she's trying to imply.

"And when I came and apologized, you remember what you said?" she asked.

Really I'm getting irritated now. "I said that people make mistakes, it's a part of human nature and I forgive you." I said grumpily. And then it hit me.

"People make mistakes" I whispered. "Right, people make mistakes and if they are apologizing then you should give them a chance." she said.

I've known this girl all my life, and I can tell when something is wrong. "What did you tell him Rachel" I asked her in an alarming voice means that I'm losing it. She coughed "Wha... what? No I didn't tell him anything." she said skeptically.

"Rachel..." I said raising my voice.

"Wha? okay fine. I told him, there! Happy?" she said.

I knew it! Her big mouth won't be able to hold anything except food.

"Why did you? Rachel that stuff was personal; you didn't have any right to say anything to anybody." I said.

"He and Jack came home last night. He looked desperate Leila. Trust me he have realized his mistake, and it's killing him." she said.