2

released: August 8, 2018 - 9:27 PM, Central Time
rated: PG
word count: 922

*

"What?" Taehyung rhetorically asked, now frantically looking through the folders.

"A new beautician, background dancer and bodyguard," Mr. Bang repeated himself, knowing fully well that Taehyung would never accept a new bodyguard.

The idol would miss his old beautician, don't get him wrong, but he never had the same connection to his beautician than he did with his bodyguard.

He was all for getting a new background dancer since the old one already left the agency, but a whole new bodyguard, probably not even from BigHit, replacing his old one?

All in all, he was perfectly okay with the beautician and dancer coming into his team.

But a new bodyguard made him furious.

"Mr. Bang, I don't need my bodyguard replaced-" Taehyung started, looking down at the profile.

Jeon Jungkook

- 21 years
- College of Physical Fitness Seoul student
- first employment

Physical Abilities
- push-ups: 156
- ...
- ..
- .

...

"Taehyung, you know fully well that you need to better yourself, and getting a stricter bodyguard will help that."

"But I don't need one! Especially one that's younger than me," Taehyung embarrassingly said, looking through all the physical accomplishments Jeon Jungkook has made that only he could dream of.

"I'm not taking 'no' for an answer, and you know that. It's time to become more professional," Mr. Bang paused.

"And, anyway, you'll become much safer under Jungkook. All of his past P.E. teachers have given him a lot of praise."

Taehyung grumbled incoherently under his breath. He didn't need teachers telling him what to think. The man knew a good bodyguard when he saw one, and one with a bunny face was not it.

One with bright, wide eyes wasn't it. With a small face wasn't it. With cute moles and fluffy looking hair and attractive lips...

One that looked that soft and young wasn't bodyguard material.

No matter how cute Jungkook looked in that picture, he wouldn't fall for it.

Besides, bodyguards are supposed to be strong and intimidating. Jungkook looked like he'd be kind and nice.

Exactly what Taehyung was looking for.

If Jungkook wasn't the stereotypical bodyguard who was tough and didn't take no for an answer, Taehyung would be able to talk with his fans like he always did.

He smiled and looked up to his manager.

But his current bodyguard is like that, too.

Taehyung looked back down again and sighed greatly.

I guess it would be nice to be surrounded by someone my age, Taehyung thought to himself.

While being 34, the man outside the door was still doing his job since his early twenties. Everyone in BigHit Entertainment had a lot of respect for him. However, that's only because he was in the field for so long.

He was well known for being easy and soft on his idols he protected. That's why none of the managers had the heart to fire him.

I can't believe I'll break his heart, today, Taehyung thought to himself and looked up again.

"Fine, I'll accept him."

Wow, that was easy, Bang Sihyuk thought to himself.

"Okay, you have a photo shoot today. You'll be meeting your new staff tomorrow, though," Mr. Bang stood up and led the man to the office door.

"Now I'm going to have to break it to him," the older sighed, opening the door.

Taehyung guiltily looked towards his old bodyguard. He was standing with a smile, arms around his chest.

I'm sorry, Taehyung thought as if he heard him.

"Mr. Lee?" Mr. Bang turned to the bodyguard.

"Yes, sir?" he answered and bowed.

"Could you, er, come in?"

"Alright," he stated, winked at Taehyung playfully and entered.

Once the door shut, the idol cursed at himself.

"I'm such a monster," he grumbled, walking his way down the stairs to the 5th floor where the photo shoots usually proceeded.

He's been with me since pre-debut, Taehyung thought to himself, scrunching up his face in anguish.

Opening the door to the fifth floor, he already caught sight of the photographer.

"V!" he chuckled and hugged the man.

"Hey, Soonjin-hyung," he hugged back, guilt slowly fading as he breathed in the familiar mint aroma from one of his favorite staff.

Soonjin always seemed to know how to cheer the idol up and boost his confidence. That's why the younger respected him so much.

"Let's go," the man announced and led Taehyung towards the shooting.

"Don't I need makeup?" Taehyung asked.

"I'm glad you asked," Soonjin brightly smiled. "That's the whole point of this photo shoot- to show your true colors."

"That's cool," Taehyung praised his elder.

"Eh, well," Soonjin blushed under the compliment. "I guess it is.~"

Taehyung laughed at the man. He never wanted to take credit or praise from people- he rather preferred to give it. That's why V did his best to make the staff proud.

"Go, sit," Soonjin said and took his place behind the camera. There were other staff in the room monitoring the process, fixing lighting, or doing other miscellaneous actions.

Taehyung sat on a stool.

"Why is there a green screen?" he asked, noticing the wall behind himself.

"Don't judge me," Soonjin stated and put his face behind the camera, smiling widely.

"Okay, pose," he sounded, and Kim Taehyung did his most famous, signature pose.

*

hey hey heyyyyyy

bodyguard jungkook am I right or am I right

anyways, jk will most likely be introduced in the next chapter, so don't get all mad.

love you and stay healthy! <3