prompt 3 - sibling rivalry

AJ (7) and Troye (5) have difficulty playing together

°°°

"Give me back my Barbie doll!" AJ screamed at Troye, trying desperately to grab the toy from her brother's hands.

"No," Troye said, sticking his tongue out at his older sister and throwing the doll across the room. AJ's face grew livid and she yelled at her brother again.

"You're such a stupid-head!"

"You're a meanie!"

The yelling from the two children continued. Troye pulled AJ's hair and she shoved him back, knocking him againt the wall.

"DADDY!" Troye yelled.

Their dad, JD, walked in and looked at the two kids. AJ's pigtails were messy and lopsided, and she had a scraped knee. Troye had a small bruise on his arm.

"I leave you to alone for five minutes and you guys look like you just walked out of a boxing ring!" JD told the two.

The kids hung their heads in shame.

"Jesus, your mother is going to kill me when she finds out!" he panicked.

"Find out what, Jason Andrew Dean?" said the mother in question.

"That me and Troye beat each other up," AJ said, sadly.

"WHAT?" screamed Veronica.

"In all fairness-" JD started.

"Shut up, Jason," she cut him off.

AJ and Troye had never seen their parents like this before. Sure, Dad could be a jerk and then Mom would get sassy, but never telling each other to shut up.

"We'll go to our rooms," Troye muttered.

"Yes, go ,now," Veronica stuttered.

The two kids trudged to their bedroom, knowing just how much trouble they were in.

"This is all your fault," AJ spat at Troye.

"Your Barbie doll looked stupid."

And thus, the fighting began again.