prompt 15 - merry christmas

Christmas with the Dean family

°°°

"Mommy! Daddy!" 

AJ jumped onto her parents bed in excitement, for today was not like any other day. Today was December the 25th, the 359th day of the year, but most everyone knew it as Christmas.

"Honey, please stop." Veronica groaned as she sat up to look at her daughter.

"Sorry, mommy!" AJ giggled.

JD stirred next to Veronica and sat up as well.

"Daddy! Santa came last night!" AJ said.

"Did he now?" JD said as he hugged his daughter.

"Mama!" Troye cried as he waddled into the room.

"Troye! Santa came!" AJ yelled, jumping off the bed to meet her brother.

°°°

"AJ, please wear put on your sweater," Veronica fussed as she tried to pull the argyle patterned wool over her daughter's head.

"But I wanna stay in my reindeer jamas!" AJ cried.

"Addi-Jane."

AJ groaned and left her mom pull the sweater over her head. Veronica then set to braiding AJ's hair and putting reindoor hairclips in pull her bangs away from her face 

"I love them!" AJ yelled in excitement as she looked in the mirror.

Veronica and AJ met outside Troye's room, where Troye was also being fussy about his sweater.

"It's okay, I wore mine!" AJ said as she comforted her baby brother.

Troye continued to fuss, and AJ ran to her room. She got out a reindeer hairclip and raced back to Troye. She fastened the clip in his messy brown hair.

"Lookie, now we match!" 

Troye smiles and left his dad pull the sweater over his head.

"Is that AJ and Troye or Rudolph and Dasher?" JD laughed as he looked at his children.

"Which of us is Rudolph?" AJ asked.

"Troye because he has the red nose!"

"So I'm Dasher because I'm the most fastest?"

"You betcha!"

°°°

"AUNTIE DUKE I LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH!" AJ yelled as she opened up her gift.

It was a small piano, just big enough for a little girl. It was red and plastic, and looked exactly like the piano Schroeder used in Charlie Brown.

"I'm glad you like it," Duke said as she gave her small niece a hug.

"Time for my gifts!" Mac said as she handed large yellow bags to AJ and Troye.

Troye opened his first and found a teddy bear that was almost the same size as him, in his favorite color, green. He immediately hugged it and everyone awwed. AJ opened hers and found a necklace. The stone at the bottom was a dark purple color.

"It's not a real gem," Mac mouthed over to the worries Dean parents.

"It's so pretty," AJ gasped.

Mac put it around the little girl's neck and smiled.

°°°

"Well, darling, that was pretty successful," JD said to Veronica as she carried AJ from the car.

"Even though AJ will be playing that piano nonstop?"

"I swear Duke only got her it to spite us."

"Probably, but we always did want a musician."

"True."

JD and Veronica buckled their kids into the car, before driving home.