[13]

"Are we there yet?" Jungkook whines for the umpteenth time. Turning with around swiftly with a groan I said "Oh my days. Please let me walk in peace you have asked that at least thirteen times in the past 2 minutes."

Then we walked in silence while he had a pout plastered to his face. I could also see him kicking some rocks which lay on the deserted road. To make the child behind me happy I suggested that we play a game...to which unsurprisingly he eagerly agreed.

"Ok eye spy with my little eye something beginning with....-" "trees" I said interrupting him. "How did you know?" He said as his face scrunched in confusion. We both burst into laughter as he has used trees for the past 3 goes as he was running out of ideas.

Our laughter was soon interrupted as I heard some tree branches snap to the right of us. Instantly I cover Jungkooks mouth and signal for him to be quiet. Slowly releasing my hand from his mouth I take a closer look and see a screamer slowly making its way towards the road.

After acknowledging their behaviour for such a long time we both know they cannot see but can only hear and smell. Jungkook's quick thinking made him remove his jacket and wrap it around my arm over my bandage. This was ideal as the smell of blood was less likely to emit near the screamer. Unfortunately he did it too roughly. Therefore causing me to slightly groan resulting in him whispering a quick sorry with a quick stroke of my cheek.

We both stood in silence as the screamer painstakingly slow crawled onto the road with its hind legs scraping the ground. It's route was obvious, it was just going to carry on going forward across the road to the other side. All we had to do was stay silent...

It's hideous grey and veiny body was only halfway across the road till I noticed Jungkook's unsteady and erratic breathing which was slowly increasing in volume. Turning my head I noticed him with closed eyes and clenched fists. With quick thinking I held his hand to which he didn't even seem to notice in his state of fear which confused me. I thought his team would see screamers and fight them on a daily basis?

Still holding his hand I noticed a stray tear roll down his cheek. Feeling a pang in my chest I brought my hands around his waist and pulled him into a hug in the hopes to calm him down.

He instantly reciprocated and dove his head in between my neck and shoulder. I could feel his hot breath on my neck start to quiet and slow down. My head was just above his shoulder which was in the perfect position to see the screamer. It's head was perked up but after Jungkook's breathing was now consumed by my shoulder it had carried on crossing the road.

After a while his breathing calmed down so I slowly back out the hug. Wiping his cheek to get rid of his tear stains I said "Are you alright now?" and he just slowly nods. "I'm sorry" he says with his voice slightly cracking. "I should've stayed quiet." "No no no. It was ok. It didn't even hear and I was ready to fight anyway." I said enthusiastically while stupidly punching the air to lighten the mood-which was successful as he chuckled at me.

"It's just recently someone in the Alpha team got killed in such a...horrific way by one of them. I just can't get the image out of my head it is just always there when I see one of them. He was one my best friends at the camp and to lose him in such a way affected me." Nodding understandingly I waddle over to him with my hands out knowing he can't talk anymore and we just hug with a purifying silence surrounding us.

After getting out the hug and clarifying he is ok I got out my map to check our location. Looking at the map I realise we are nearly there and turn to Jungkook. "Not long now. You can meet all my new friends and even Lisa...you have to meet my cousin I literally love her to bits." "I know you would always tell me about her in school and your weird stories. They would always make my day better" he said smiling in my direction.

As we make our way of the road and near my camp I start to see the tents and I don't even hesitate to sprint when I see Hoseok. "HOBI!" I shout in excitement, startled he turned around to the horrible sound made by me and his frown is soon replaced by a very wide bright smile. We both shared a meaningful hug and then I turn around to motion for Jungkook as he stands there with his mouth agape.

"Hoseok? No way. Wait when? where? why? what?" He said lost in utter confusion, then he also ran over to leap at hoseok as they then share a strong hug. "Jungkook man I can't believe it...your alive and well" "same goes to you!"

"Alright enough with your reunion let's introduce him into the camp."

A/N
I tried to make it tense but failed damn. After not writing descriptive for a long time I realised how hard it is lols anyway enjoy the chapter! 😄
Daily pic of JK

 After not writing descriptive for a long time I realised how hard it is lols anyway enjoy the chapter! 😄Daily pic of JK