03

"Surgeons are control freaks. With a scalpel
in your hand, you feel unstoppable. There's
no fear, there's no pain. You're ten feet
tall and bulletproof. And then you leave
the OR. And all that perfection, all that
beautiful control, just falls to crap. No one
likes to lose control, but as a surgeon there's
nothing worse. It's a sign of weakness, of
not being up to the task. And still there are
times when it just gets away from you.
When the world stops spinning and you
realize that your shiny little scalpel isn't
gonna save you. No matter how hard you fight
it, you fall. And it's scary as hell. Except, if
there's an upside to free falling, it's the
chance you give your friends to catch you."

A couple days after her mother was admitted to the hospital, Maira Grey was scrubbing into surgery

The Grey sister's had been desperate for surgeries lately, trying to distract themselves from the drama going on with their mom. A lump had been discovered on her liver, and they were unsure yet as to if it was cancerous. So it was safe to say the twins were looking for any and all distractions.

Meredith was currently observing a surgery with Derek, while Maira was going to do the same with Burke. She hadn't heard yet whether or not Mer had talked to Derek yet. She had been slowly working up the courage to talk to him about their relationship, and Mai hoped she did it soon. She wanted all of the relationship drama to be done and over with.

As Maira was scrubbing down Cristina stepped into the room, rolling her shoulders.

"You ok?"

She nodded, "I'm just glad he let you in too. I don't think I could've stood in there with him all by myself."

"We just gotta make it through this surgery then we can go find something else to occupy ourselves, away from Burke."

"As long as it's away from him I'm down."

The two finished scrubbing and entered the operating room, taking places towards the back so they were out of the way. Everything was going smoothly and the OR was generally quiet, aside from the occasional question Burke would ask the interns.

About halfway through the surgery, however, Maira could see Cristina sweating profusely and shifting from one foot to the other.

"Doctor Yang?"

Burke tried several times to get her attention and question her about the operation, to no prevail. Marai nudged her and she apologized to Burke. Mai look Cris over, a pit forming in her stomach. She looked pale and unsteady.

Vice + Virtue | Grey's A.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara