08

"After careful consideration and many
sleepless nights, here's what I've decided.
There's no such thing as a grown-up.
We move on, we move out, we move
away from our families and form our
own. But the basic insecurities, the
basic fears and all those old wounds
just grow up with us. And just when we
think that life and circumstance have
forced us to truly, once and for all
become an adult, your mother says
something like that. Or worse,
something like that. We get bigger,
we get taller, we get older. But, for
the most part, we're still a bunch of
kids, running around the playground,
trying to desperately to fit in. I've
heard that it's possible to grow up,
I've just never met anyone who's
actually done it. Without parents to
defy, we break the rules we make for
ourselves. We throw tantrums when
things don't go our way. We whisper
secrets with our best friend, in the
dark. We look for comfort where we
can find it. And we hope against
all logic, against all experience. Like
children, we never give up hope."

The weeks after the bomb went by in a flash

The weeks after the bomb went by in a flash. Dylan, the bomb squad captain, died that day.

Maira was far enough away that went it exploded, the worst she got were some bruises and scratches. But she saw everything- and could now confirm the rumors of pink mist.

Webber wanted the woman to take a break after that. Something about the traumatic experience effecting her work. She fought teeth and nail against him, and ended with a one week mandatory break. She spent most of it in bed, sleeping while she had the opportunity. It was incredibly boring and once it was over she was excited to get back to work.

By the 2 week mark people had finally stopped staring and whispering. It was frustrating being known as 'the bomb girl.' It was safe to say she was glad it was finally in the past and everything was returning to normal.

The Grey sisters were strolling down the hall, stretching their legs after standing in on a long surgery. They'd been interning for a while now, but every time Maira stepped into an OR felt like the first time all over again. It was so exhilarating. She shared her feelings with Mer and she just laughed.

"Sometimes I think you love the OR more than me."

Maira gave her an innocent side look, and Mer shoved her as she laughed.

"But seriously, I'm glad you're feeling better."

She smiled, looping her arm with Mer's. It'd taken a bit of time to recover from the incident, but Maira was feeling good and excited and optimistic again.