07

"It's a look patients get in their eyes. There is
a scent, the smell of death. Some kind of sixth
sense. When the great beyond is headed for
you, you feel it coming. What's the one
thing you've always dreamed of doing
before you die? Okay, hello? Clearly not my
dream. See, I told you. Not my dream.

In hospitals they say you know. You know
when you're going to die. Some doctors say it's
a look patients get in their eyes. Some say
there's a scent,a smell of death. Some think
there's just some kind of sixth sense, when
the great beyond is headed for you, you feel it coming. Whatever it is, it's creepy. Because
if you know, what do you do about it? Forget
about the fact that you're scared out of your
mind. If you knew this was your last day on
earth, how would you want to spend it?"

 If you knew this was your last day on earth, how would you want to spend it?"

It was barely 7am and today was already different. How? Well, the Grey sisters were curled up in bed, refusing to go to work.

Maira had woken up early that morning with the sweats and an impeding sense of doom. It wasn't that she had bad dreams, at least that she could remember. She just felt wrong. So she quietly went to check on her twin sister, only to find her also awake. Mai asked if she was ok, only to find that she also woke up with a sense of unease. So upon the discovery that they both shared that strange feeling they decided that today they needed to stay in bed.

Something that Izzie, George, and Cristina were now trying to talk the two out of.

"We both feel like we're going to die."

Cristina rolled her eyes, "We're all going to die eventually. But now we're late now too."

The two refused to budge, so Cris shooed Iz and George out of the room before sitting on the bed beside them. "So what's this really about?"

"The man I love has a wife, and he chose her over me. Addison has my McDreamy and my McDog. What do I have? I can't even remember the last time we kissed, because you never know the last time is going to be the last time."

She sighed, and Mai thought that was it. But then, "Also I'm out of conditioner and I think I have brittle bones cause I'm getting old."

"And I'm depressed and haven't had sex in months."

Mer and Cris both looked at Maira, eyebrows raised.

"What? I thought we were sharing?"

Mer chose to ignore her sister's comment for now, though she stored it for later. "I just need something good, some hope to keep going. And until I get that, I'm going to stay in bed and feel like death."

"Me too!" 

Cris sighed. "Well you know what? Everyone's got problems." And with that she reached out and pushed Maira out of the bed.