11

"In life we are taught that there are
seven deadly sins. We all know the
big ones...gluttony, pride, lust. But the
sin you don't hear much about is anger.
Maybe it's because we think anger is
not that dangerous, that you can control
it. My point is, maybe we don't give anger
enough credit. Maybe it can be a lot more
dangerous than we think. After all, when
it comes to destructive behavior, it did
make the top seven. So what makes anger
different from the six other deadly sins?
It's pretty simple really, you give into a sin
like envy or pride and you only hurt yourself.
Try lust or coveting and you'll only hurt
yourself and probably one or two others.
But anger, anger is the worst...the mother of
all sins. Not only can anger drive you over
the edge, when it does you can take an
awful lot of other people with you."

Joe's bar was particularly busy that night; practically everyone who was getting off shift had headed over from the hospital

Maira sat at a table towards the back with Meredith, Cristina, and Izzie. They were observing and discussing Derek and Burke as they played darts across the bar. Burke was mad at Cristina for falling asleep during sex and Derek was mad at Meredith for....taking their dog to the vet?

"He's totally picturing your face," Izzie said as Derek looked over his shoulder at the interns before throwing a dart with considerable force.

"He called me a whore, he lost the right to picture me."

"If I had the chance I'd happily throw a dart at his face."

Meredith patted her twin sister's shoulder. "Down, girl."

Alex entered the bar then, scouting it out before walking over towards the group. "You finally left Denny, huh?"

"Sorry," Izzie bit back, "we don't socialize with gynecologists."

Maira reached across the table and gave the blonde a high five, even as Alex shot her a glare. It wasn't her fault Karev was acting like a complete moron.

Alex swiftly left after that, George and Callie walking into the bar just as he was walking out.

Mai waved at George and he grinned, pulling his new girlfriend along with him. She wasn't sure about the two as a couple but as long as George was happy she was happy-plus he and Meredith had finally solved their issues.

"Hey George!" Izzie greeted enthusiastically as the two pulled up chairs at the table.

Callie shifted uncomfortably and you couldn't help but feel for the woman. It probably felt strange being the outsider in a group of people already friends.

"Hi Callie," she greeted politely. If she was in her position she'd want to feel included.

Callie smiled, seeming relieved for the conversation. "Hey, Maira right?"