Chapter 20: Confession

6k reads, thank you so much! As a thank you here's an early update! Besides, it's a Saturday and I'm feeling good! I'll be back to update tomorrow!

*trigger warning*
-
Thursday - 8:15 pm

Apparently when they said later, they meant later. Even though it was Mark's birthday, they were all still working hard in the morning until the afternoon.

Which I wasn't surprised with honestly. I was actually relieved I had time to mentally prepare myself. I was even able to go shopping, because my parents sent birthday money through my card, as well as my aunts and uncles. They didn't give big amounts, but if you were to total everything they gave, it was a significant number of money.

Although I spent most of my birthday alone, it actually felt fine. I even went to Namsan Mountain, because I had so much time to kill. The weather was a little chilly, but nothing that wasn't bearable.

I was now back in my hotel after going around Seoul the whole day. I was waiting for Johnny to pick me up.

Ding.

8:16 pm

*annoying bro sent me a message*

annoying bro: change of plans, mark's coming to get you and he's on his way

For some reason, I expected something like this from Johnny.

Me: ok

Even if I expected him to scheme, I started breathing heavily, "I'll be fine, we're fine, it's just Mark," I said standing up as I started pacing back and forth.

"It's not fine! It's Mark!" I said. I have the urge to pull my hair out, but I actually took the time to go to a salon to get it styled, and I'm not wasting the money and time I spent.

I close my eyes and took deep breaths. It's my birthday, his birthday, our birthday, I will try to enjoy it. I won't psych myself out. I can do this, I can -

Knock.

"Ah!" I jump at someone knocking.

"Min Jee?" I heard Mark's voice.

He's already here.

Deep breaths.

I look at myself in the mirror and forced a smile, "Oh god, that looks horrible," I said shaking my head and grabbed my dark blue coat to put over my blue dress that I bought this afternoon.