Chapter 37: Airport

Double update! And next week will be the last time I'll update this book! AAAAA
-
Wednesday - 4:55 am

I quickly checked in my suitcases. I had to rush, because I woke up late. Although I appreciated the farewell dinner last night, it was tiring that when I went to sleep last night, I just passed out on the bed. Still in my dinner clothes and all.

I woke up at around 3:37 am and rushed to get ready.

When I was checking in my bags all I could think of, was Mark.

Did he read the letter already? Did he hate me for it? Did he receive the necklace I was supposed to give him for his birthday?

But there was one particular thing I was thinking about, would he?

Would he rush over to the airport to stop me? Was he the type to do that? Or was I being to wishful?

Securing the carry-on, on my shoulder I headed to go inside the terminal, "You finally allowed me to address you as Jenny and it's in a letter," I turned to see Mark.

"Farewell, Jenny? Seriously?" he raised his eyebrow, "You hope I'll never be scared to love again? I'll be damned if I love someone else Jen," he held the letter in his right hand and raised it up.

He was in a hoodie, sweat pants and flip flops. It looked like he just rushed from the dorm.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

"What - What are you doing here?" I looked back at the screen that showed the flight timings and back at him. I pulled the strap on my carry-on and stepped forward.

I wasn't dreaming was I?

"You really thought I'd miss the chance to say good bye properly?" he walked closer to me, as I stepped back, and then I saw something glimmer around his  neck.

"You're wearing it," I stared at the necklace.

"And I thought you didn't have a birthday gift for me," he touched the musical note pendant smiling, "You should've gave it sooner."

"I'm sorry," I said as he was getting closer. I stepped backwards.

He stopped walking closer, "Don't apologize," he shook his head, "You have nothing to be sorry for."

"You already apologized in your letter, I don't need to hear it again," Mark smiled and I sighed.

I shook my head, "You're wrong, I have a lot of things to be sorry about," I said recalling all the times I pushed him away.

"No, you don't," he said smiling.

How could he do that? Smile like nothing was wrong?

"Mark, you should go, I'm boarding soon," I said gesturing to the screen that had the flight timings.

"I know," he smiled, "I'm not going to stop you."

"You're not?" I raised my eyebrow and crossed my arms.

"I want to," he took one step further and I stood still.

"But?" I smirked.

"No buts," he shrugged and took another step, "Not going to step backward?" he raised his eyebrow and smirked.

"Do you want me to?" I moved my foot backward and he quickly walked towards me.

"No," he grabbed my hands and stared at them, "I don't want you to be far from me," he looked up at my eyes and I was glued to my spot, "Ever."