Chapter Six: Tears Are For Everyone

I was soon in a big, purple-blue-ish room. "Make yourself at home." She said while looking at me with a smile. "Um..Why am I here..?" I asked. "Well, I'm gunna make your blue's go away. Well..Not your blue-hair though.." She said while laughing nervously. I laughed a little, sadly. She sighed and layed on her bed. She patted a spot next to her, signalling me to lay next to her. I sighed and then layed next to her on the big bed. "So, wanna talk about what happened yet..?" She said. I laughed a little and then sighed. "Well, it's complicated.." I said. "Life is complicated." She said. "Yeah..But..Why does it have to be complicated? Isn't there a way to make it less complicated or something..?" I said. She sighed and sat up. "Shake the negativity!" She said while shaking my arm. I laughed a little and sat up. "Why don't we play card's or something?" She suggested. I shrugged my shoulders and she got up and walked over to a desk and bent down. She soon stood back up and turned to me with a deck of cards in her hands. "So, what kind of game do you wanna play?" She said. I looked at her confused. She sighed. "There's different types of ways to use the cards to play." She said. "Yeah..I know, but I'm not good at cards either way." I said. "Then how 'bout I teach you?" She said while handing me half of the deck. "Why don't we start off with a game called Speed.." She said while adjusting her cards and then helping me set mine up. She explained the rules and told me how to play. "Alright, are you prepared to be defeated?" She said while smirking and picking up her cards. I am, but I don't know about you.. I adjusted the cards in front of me. "Alright we begin in three..Two.." She said. "..Now!" She said and we flipped a card from the sides. I quickly put down the cards that I could and so did she. She soon ran out of cards. "Ha!" She said while looking at me with a proud smirk and putting her arms across her chest. I sighed and put the cards that were in my hand down. Dammit..She was too fast.. I heard yelling and noise's from below us. "Um..May I ask what that noise is..?" I said. "It's..My dad and my sister..Their probably arguing like they usually do, so don't worry about it and just ignore them." She said while picking up the cards. "If you say so.." I said. I heard something break and she flinched and looked away. "I..I'll be right back..." She said after setting the cards down and getting up. She left the room and I just stared at the cards. It sounded like glass broke..I hope it's nothing super serious.. I heard more yelling. I soon heard stuff getting slammed and there was thuds. I covered my ears and layed back. I wonder if she deals with this every day...It must be hard, right..? I closed my eye's and tried to think about other things and soon fell asleep. 

When I woke up, there was a blanket on me and my glasses were next to me. I sat up. The door soon opened. "So your finally awake." I heard somebody say. I turned to face the door. It was a tall girl with short white hair with a dark blue beanie and she was wearing a sweater and had her sleeve's rolled up to her elbow. I picked up my glasses and put them back on my face. "Um..Hello?" I said confused. Who is she..? She laughed a little and put her arms across her chest. "I'm Alyssa's older sister, but you can call me Venessa." She said while smirking. "Right..Thanks for letting me burrow your blanket and letting me stay her for as long as I did." I said while taking the blanket off of me and getting up. "Also, I'm sorry that you had to hear all that stuff earlier.." She said while looking a little disappointed and sad. "Um..Is everyone okay at least?" I asked. "Yeah..It's just our father...He's a drinker and I've told him to stop at least a million times.." She said. "Oh..I'm sorry..." I said. She laughed a little. "No need for you to be sorry, if anyone, that old-man needs to be sorry." She said. "Um..Also, if I may ask..Your hair.." I began to say. "Oh! I dyed it. I hated it's original color.." She said while smiling. "Was it the same color as Alyssa's..?" I asked. "Sort of, but mine was a little lighter and it reminded my dad of my mother and he would yell at me cause he thought I was her..And I couldn't take his damn yelling anymore, so I just dyed it...So what's your story?" She said. "Oh! Um..Mine's natural..." I said. "Really..? Wow! That must be really cool..!" She said looking at me shocked and happy. Cool..? I sighed. "I dunno if cool would be the right word.." I said while laughing nervously. "I would say it is." She said while giving me a thumbs up. I froze for a minute and then smiled. "I've got a question if you don't mind.." I said. "Ask away, Blue-boy.~" She said while smirking. I laughed at nickname she gave me. "What happened to your mother..?" I asked. She sighed and then walked over to the bed and sat next to me. "My mother was the sweetest ever..She was so kind and beautiful..Never had any problems..Not that she would show anybody anyway.." She said and then laughed a little. "She smoked time to time, but she would never do it in front of me or Alyssa..And my father would always yell and sometimes force her to drink with him because he was either bored or..Who knows." She said while hiding her face in her hands. "She died because of over drinking....And I blame that old fool for everything, he's selfish and ignorant. He never deserved somebody as good as her.." She said. I could tell she was trying to hold back her tears. "He didn't go to the funeral...He never said sorry...He never...He never cared." She said. "And when me and Alyssa wanted to go see her grave....He would tell us we should 'just get over her' or 'play dollies or something'.." She said. "I'm sorry you had to go through all that.." I said while putting my hand on her back, trying to comfort her. She sighed and took her hands off her face and smiled. "There's no reason for you to be sorry..Like I said...That old-man needs to say sorry for the crap he's done." She said. "Um..Just a quick question...Did you actually get to go to her grave..?" I asked. She nodded. "Two years after she died, and I was fourteen, I snuck out of the house one early morning and went to see her.." She said. "Some people had left rose's for her because they were her favorite." She said. "She liked them because she believed that rose's used to be white and they turned red because of all the people that died. She never said what kind of people.." She said. "Is that why your hair is white..?" I asked. "Well, that's half of the reason why." She said while laughing a little and fixing her beanie.