Chapter Thirteen: The Meeting

I was in his office in a leather chair and was sweating like crazy. Ethan was on his lap behind the desk in front of me. He wrapped his arm around Ethan's waist to keep him on his lap. I gulped down my nervous feelings. "So..Long time no see, Mr. Trunzou.." He trailed off. Ethan was as calm as ever. I sighed. "Exactly. So why see me now?" I asked. "What so ever do you mean?" He says with a smirk appearing across his face. "You know exactly what I mean. And if you plan on just making me sit here in the silence and stare at me, I'm out of here." I said and got up out of the chair and walked to the office door. "Oh, comon, Zack..! Pleaseee? He's trying to be kind and he's been really wanting to see you..!" Ethan said. I gripped the door knob. "Guess I wasn't worth your time again, right?" I said while looking back at Connor with a smile. His eye's widened a little then he sighed. "Forget about that already, Mr. Trunzou.." He while folding his arms across his chest. I scoffed. "You can't even call me by my real name. For goodness sake already, Connor..I'm leaving you alone now, just like you wanted." I said and then opened the door and stormed out of the building. I felt somebody yank the back of my shirt. I turned around angrily and stared at the man. It was Connor. "The hell do you want now, Connor?" I said. "Listen, I know I seem like some sort of bitchy-ass to you, but I'm not trying to be one, okay? Its hard to not be one after we all went our separate ways..!" He said. I sighed sadly and took his hand off of me. "Connor, we all changed. It wasnt only you." I said. "Yeah..I'm aware of that fact, but...Its just..I don't know.." He said with his face saddening a little. My phone rang. I took it out of my pocket and looked at it. "Listen, I've gotta go. I'll talk to you another time." I said and then walked away answering the call. "Hey, where are you?" Alyssa said in the phone. "I'm out right now, is something wrong?" I said. "No, but I came over your house and noticed you aren't here.." She said. I laughed. "Well why are you at my house?" I said while walking. "I uh.." She began to say and sighed. "I wanted to talk to you about what you saw yesterday." She said. I yawned. "Theres nothing much to really talk about.." I said. "Yes there is, because you had something for me, did you not?" She said. I paused for a minute. "No, Sorry." I said. "But Nole told me.." She began to trail off but I cut her off. "Nole says that about me to every girl he see's, I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding about that." I said. She laughed a little. "You sound stressed Zack." She said. "Nah, not me." I said while forcing a laugh. "Alright, if your sure..I gotta go now, but Haloween is coming up soon, so don't forget, okay? Bye!" She said and hung up. I turned the phone off and slid it into my pocket. I felt tiny raindrops hit my back slowly. Damn it..I'm not even home yet.. I looked around and spotted a cafe across the street. I sighed. I guess some coffee will have to do for now. I hurried across the street while there was a red light and I opened the cafe door. I walked inside and sat on the stools in front of a contour. "Welcome sir, what may I get you?" The girl said. I rested my forehead against rhe contour and sighed. "One cup of coffee, please." I said. I'm so tired..And I don't even know why I made an attempt to talk to him.. A minute later she sat a cup of coffee next to my head and shaked my shoulder. I looked up and thanked her and handed her the money I owed. I picked up the cup of coffee and had a sip of it. I put the cup down and yawned. My head felt awful and I just wanted to lay down and ponder in my thoughts. I yawned. The girl glanced at me for a second and then back at the window. "So, does it usually rain a lot here..?" I said. "Sometimes." She responded. I paused for a minute. The silence between me and her felt very awkward for me. "Um..Do enjoy working here or..?" I began to rant. She looked at me. "Sir, why do you care?" She asked with the most serious face I've seen anybody have in awhile, I felt a bit hurt by the way she said it. I sighed. "I suppose your right..I'm just in a mood right now, sorry." I said lowly and then picked up the cup again and drank it. She just stared at me. I couldn't tell if she was annoyed or something. I sat the cup down and swallowed the coffee in my mouth. "A mood?" She said. "Listen, if I annoyed you by saying that, just forget I ever said it." I said lowly. She sighed. "Sir, you haven't annoyed me, exactly anyway." She said. I sighed and got up and headed towards the door. "Thanks for the coffee, Ms." I said to her while forcing a smile on my face and then opening the door and walking outside into the pouring rain. I began running home.

I finally made it to the house and opened the door. I walked inside and shut the door behind me. I took off my shoes and set them on the door rug to dry. I sighed and walked to my room. I opened the door and then froze because of who was in front of me. No.... The tall man with short combed back brown hair and grey suit turned around to face me with a smirk forming on his face. "Well, hello, son." He said. "Go." I said without thinking. "Why should I? I only got here a few minutes ago too.." He said. I knew he was just playing dumb with me, and I wasn't in the mood for it either. I sighed. "Why are you here? Aren't you suppose to be in Europe? With mom..?" I said. "I am suppose to be there with her..But she told me to come here to watch you." He said. He was lying and I could see right through him. "Dad. Leave." I demanded. "But mom-" He began to say but I cut him off. "The hell do you even know about her?" I said. "I know enough to say your grounded, Mr. Now go, I don't want to look at you." He demanded and walked out of the room. I froze for a minute and then sighed. I sat on the side of my bed and stared at the ground.