Chapter Nine: AfterSchool Coffee

School was soon over for the day and I was ready to take a nice hot bath and sleep. I sighed and collected all my books and placed them in my backpack. I began walking to the School doors. I was stopped by somebody literally jumping onto my back. I flinched as they wrapped their arms around my neck. "Hey..!" He said. I looked over my shoulder and it was Nole as his usual smiley self. I laughed at how stupid his look. He wrapped his legs arounds my waist. "Hey, hey, what are you doing, Dork?" I said while laughing. "Carry me, Pigeon!" He said while smiling. I sighed happily and put my hands on the sides of his legs to hold him on my back and began walking. I heard somebody yelling my name in a distance. I turned around and he looked at me confused. "What are you doing?" He asked. "I thought I heard somebody.." I said while squinting my eyes. "Hey..! Wait!" I heard somebody say. I soon saw Alyssa and her friend from earlier running towards me. They soon were standing in front of me trying to catch their breath. "So..Why'd you run?" I asked. "B...Because you looked like you couldn't..hear us..." She said still trying to catch her breath. They soon caught their breathes and stood straight. "Did you need something?" I asked. The girl next to her, Meg, her cheeks were turning read while pacing her eyes back and forth at me and Nole. "Is there something on us..?" I asked her. "N-no, sorry.." She stuttered a little and looked down in embarassesment. "Anywaay, I wanted to know if we could go hang out somewhere..?" Alyssa asked. Nole and I both agreed to go with her. "So, wanna go to the Starbucks down the street?" She suggested. Nole's eyes widined with excitement. "Help yeah, girrrl!" He said with a smile. We laughed and headed towards the parking lot of the school. Sheesh, it's bigger than I thought..! We walked to Alyssa's car and opened the doors. Nole got off my back and got in. I got in after him. Alysas sat in the driver sat and Meg sat in the passenger seat. Alyssa put the keys in and started up the car and began to drive. I stared out the window while watching everything pass by. Alyssa groaned annoyed. "It's to quiet in here..!" She said and turned on the radio and turned it up. It was some weird song and it took me a minute to realize it. It was 'Strip That Down' by Liam Payne. I laughed because I thought the song was cheesy, but I didn't know why. Nole and Alyssa began singing along to it. "Nole. Are you kidding me?" I asked jokingly. He stuck his tongue out at me and kept singing. I laughed. I gave in and sang along with them. When we arrived at Starbucks, we went through the drive through and everybody got a coffee. I payed for everyone. Alyssa passed back two cups of coffee and me and Nole each took one. I don't really like coffee to be honest, but I'll make an exception this time. I started drinking my coffee out of the straw, and it actually didn't taste to bad. Alyssa began driving again, and we soon ended up in a parking lot. It was getting late and we all got out of the car. Sarah sat on the hood of the car. "I thought we could just talk and stare at the stars..So.." She began to say. We all laughed a little and got comfortable on the car as well and began talking about our summer or funny stories. It was 8:30 P.M. before any of us knew it and we had to get home. We all quickly got in the car and Alyssa drove us to the spot me and Nole usually meet up at and we thanked them and went our separate ways as the car drove away. I kept walking towards my house. I saw a man smoking and glanced at him. He looked at me. "What? You want one?" He asked. I shook my head and apologized for staring and walked away. He chuckled. I soon arrived at my house and opened the door. I walked inside and shut the door behind me. I took off my shoes and ran to my room, throwing my backpack on the floor. I sighed and jumped onto my bed. Wait a minute.. I felt something in my back pocket and stood up. I reached in my back pocket and pulled out a black lighter. Huh? When did I get this..? I sighed and sat it under my bed. I layed back on my bed and pushed up my glasses. Ahh..My back feels much better now...That boy's ass was heavy to carry, dammit. I laughed. I yawned. I then realized once again that my mother still was not home. I sat up and got out my phone and dialed her number. She answered. "Hey hunny, what's wrong?" She asked. "I could ask you the same thing. Where are you?" I said. She laughed a little. "Um..Your Dad sort of dragged me into going to see him, so I sort of..Well, I had to fly across the country." She said. "Moooom..! He did this last time, and what happened?" I said strictly. She sighed. "Yes, I know hunny..But.." She began to say. I sighed sadly. "I don't wanna hear it right now Mom..But if he does anything to you again, call me right away. Promise..?" I said. "Promise. Now get some sleep, Honey." She said and then hung up. I can't believe she went all that way just to see him..That damn man...It should've been the other way around..! He was suppose to come home to us, not her go to him! I sighed angrily and put the phone down. I just can't take his stupid games anymore..! His selfishness is..Its just making me a mess. I put my hands on my face, pushing up my glasses, and taking a deep breath. I took my hands off my face, and my glasses fell onto my nose as I layed against the wall. I stared at the ceiling and pondered in my thoughts, hoping they would get me off the thought of him.