Chapter Ten: Phone Call's

I sighed as I sat at the table and ate my lunch. "Pigeon, your eating like a gorilla trying to eat a banana." Nole said. I sighed and apologized. "It's just..My dad's messing up my life once again." I said sleepishly. He sighed. "Last time I saw him, it was at that soccer game when we were 11." He said. I frowned a little at how long its been, but what the thought of what he did to my mother will always make me mad. I grumpily took another bite of my sandwich. I felt somebody walk over at pat my back. I looked up to see who it was. "You looked stressed, wanna talk?" Alyssa said while smiling with a bit of concern. "Nah, I'm good. Plus, it would be a crappy story and I know nobody's in the mood for my crap." I said. She sighed and sat next me. "He's having problems with his dad." Nole said. I glared at him and he shrugged. I sighed. "Look, its no big deal. Plus, I could care less if he shows up at all to see me." I said and then took another bite of my sandwich. I realized what I said might've affected Alyssa so I apologized for ranting like I did. We talked about other stuff to keep him off my mind and we ate our lunches. My phone soon rang. I quickly got it out of my pocket and looked at it. My eyes widened and then filled with anger. "I'll be right back..." I said and left the table. I walked to the bathroom. I walked in and locked the door and quickly answered it. "Hello-" I cut him off. "Don't hello me. What the hell are you planning, huh?" I said. "Listen, I already told you..I was drunk, Zack..! Please, just get over it..For both of us!" He said. I held back my sadness. "How the hell..Am I suppose to...You cant take back what you did." I said while calming down. "Zack, I know I cant take it back..But I was hoping you out of all people would understand..!" He said. "What the hell is that suppose to mean, huh..?!" I yelled at him. I heard him sigh. "I just wanted to tell you..Mom is moving in with me." He said. I clenched my fist. "Eff you, you asshole." I said and hung up. I slid my phone into my pocket and sat on the ground and put my knees up and rested my arms on them and layed my head in my arms. I tried to hold back my sadness. Mom..How could you do this to me..? After everything that's happened..I can't even call him my dad anymore. He's..He's a eff'n problem to everybody, so why Mom..?! I sighed and tried to understand the position she must be in. I calmed myself down and unlocked the bathroom door and walked back to the lunch table and slid my phone in my pocket. I sat back down at the table and picked up my sandwich. "So..Was that him?" Nole asked. I sadly nodded. "And even worse..My mother's moving in with him." I said. "Sheesh..That's gotta be a lot to take in, huh?" He said while taking another bite of his lunch. "Hey, it's not as bad as him being in front of me and saying it." I said and they laughed a little. The bell rang and I quickly packed my stuff up and headed to my next class.  I entered the classroom and sat at my desk as the usual. My phone buzzed. I sighed and ignored it. I wasn't in the mood for whoever it was. Everyone else soon hurried in and took their seats and the teacher began teaching.

I sighed as I faced the ceiling. I turned out my phone as I sat in a chair. I had multiple message's from Mom. I unlocked my phone and looked at the messages. I felt myself sadden while reading. I shut my phone off. I guess I'm paying the bill's now..? I angrily turned my phone on and unlocked it. I dialed her number. She answered a couple seconds later. "Honey..I heard that father talked to you.." She said. I sighed sadly. "Mom...How could you do this to me? You told me it was only a trip!" I said. "I know Honey..But he begged me! How could I just leave him there..?" She said. "Mom..He did the same thing last time." I stated. "He apologized already, and I can't hold a grudge against him forever..! We both know that.." She said. "Mom, do you really forgive him? Deep down?" I said. She took a minute. "No..But I have to try." She said a little sad. I sighed. "Mom. He's a jerk." I said. "I know..But I can't just turn around now." She said. "Anyway..I called to ask who's gunna pay the bill's for the house?" I said. "I'll still pay for them, don't worry." She said. "Alright, get some good sleep Mom. Bye." I said and hung up. I shut my phone off and sat it down. I sighed and sat up on the bed. I heard a ding at the door. I hurried to the door and opened it. It was Nole. "What in the world are you doing here this late?" I asked him. "I can't sleep..So I was wondering if you wanted to stay up late watching movies and stuff." He said. I laughed and he came inside. We walked up to my room and I turned on the T.V. He grabbed the remote and started browsing through movies on Netflix. We layed on my bed and I yawned. "How's 'Disobedience'?" He asked. I looked at the movie then back at him. "What?" He said. I laughed. "Nothin, this is good." I said as he turned on the movie. We stared at the screen as the movie played. Before I knew it, my eye's had shut and I passed out.