Chapter 4.

I made myself a medium Cookies and Cream Snowdrift and sat down with them. Sat down. With One freaking Direction.

"So what's your name?" Niall asked.

"Charlie." I had to keep sipping my drink to keep my face cool.

"Well, I'm N-"

"Yeah. I know." I laughed a little bit and pulled my white nerd glasses out of my pocket and put them on.

 "You like nerd glasses then?" Louis asked.

"Oh yeah. Wearing them since  2007."

"That's cool." Louis pulled out his nerd glasses. Black.

"So..." I continued to sip my drink.

"DO YOU, Charlie," Harry said, staring at me. "Like One Direction?"

I started choking on my drink.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded. "If I'm sitting with ONE DIRECTION willingly, doesn't that kind of answer your question?"

"Ooh, a little sassy one, aren't ya?" Zayn laughed.

"You made a good decision, L-" Niall began, but Louis covered Niall's mouth.

"Hey Charlie, you should come visit us." Louis ran up to the front, grabbed a pen and one of the cupholders and wrote down an address.

My mouth was pretty much gaping open.

"Yeah, that would be fun." Liam smiled. I felt myself blush as Louis handed me an address.

"Make sure you don't tell anyone where you're going. You know, the fangirls."

I could only nod.

"Aanndd...." Louis took the cupholder back and wrote down some things, then gave it back to me. "Here's my number. Feel free to call/text me whenever you need to."

I could only gape at the piece of paper. I looked out the window and saw a girl staring at the guys.

"Um, guys." I pointed to the window. They looked at the window. The girl started screaming. "You should probably go."

"She's right." Liam said, standing up. "Don't want it to be like yesterday."

"You mean," I said, crossing my arms. "You guys are the reason that it took me fifteen minutes to walk to this building to grab my paycheck?"

"Yeah?" Niall said, staring at me. His eyes are actually really pretty.

"Just wondering."

There was now a small crowd gathered at the door. "You guys probably should get going."

"Not through all those people." Zayn shook his head.

"There's a back entrance for employees."

"Why didn't you use that yesterday?" Louis asked.

"There were a whole crap ton of girls there, too."

"What makes you say they won't be there?"

"Because my manager is awesome and disguised the door."

"Oh, okay."

"So, I'll have my manager show you to the back door and I'll pretend I'm leaving through the front."

"Good idea."

"So.. I'll text-slash-call you later."

"You better." Louis smiled. I felt my heart pounding. When he got up, I realized he left his beanie.

"Louis!" He turned back toward me. I held up the beanie.

"Keep it." He smiled. I grinned back at him. He waved and disappeared into the back. I rolled my thumb over the material of his beanie. Cable knit. I checked my phone. 3:30 pm. Half an hour before work is over. I looked over at Lisa. She walked over excitedly to me.

"Is that Louis's hat?"

"Um, yeah. It is. He said I could have it."

"That is so adorable."

"Oh, um-"

"Why don't you go home for the day? I can take it from here until RaeAnne shows up."

So pretty much, I was driving thinking about how Louis wore the beanie. I put it on and was grinning all the way home.