Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Anything for my sister, hyung."

They admired how Mark acted as a big brother to her sister. Although Mark could be crazy at times, he's serious and really responsible when it comes to his sister.

Well, you can't blame him. He's also scared to lose his only confidant (aside from his brother and parents who are in Canada.)

Mark sighed, admiring the sight of the banners, balloons, and other decorations that were hanging and scattered everywhere.

There were pictures of Haejin, with Girls' Avenue and NCT. There were also pictures of him and Haejin. Some were with their sunbaenims (most especially Sehun, Baekhyun and Chanyeol). Of course, Haejin and Jaemin's pictures can't be missed.

"Wow so this is how Mark Lee is as a brother," Johnny teased him.

"Like I said to Yuta-hyung earlier, Johnny-hyung. Anything for my sister. Anything for her." Mark smiled.

"I'm proud of you Mark." Taeyong patted his back.

"Why are you guys like this? I'm only doing my responsibilities as her brother." Mark said, stomping his foot which made Taeyong and Johnny laugh.

"Which reminds me... Jaemin-ah! Haechan-ah!" He went towards the two who were doing the final tasting and touches.

"We're done with the food, Mark-hyung!!" Haechan said.

Mark nodded, "Jaemin-ah, since you're her boyfriend, could you please wake her up?"

Jaemin nodded, "Okay, hyung!"

Jaemin rushed towards Haejin's room. Mark signalled everyone to be quiet.

Jaemin silently opened the door. She saw his girlfriend still sleeping. She was hugging her ice bear stuffed toy.

He sat beside her sleeping form silently as he gently shook her shoulder.

"Love... wake up now..." He whispered.

Haejin slowly opened her eyes. Although her vision was still hazy, she could recognize the voice clearly.

She stretched her arms and legs, feeling satisfied when she heard her knuckles crack.

"What date is it today?" She asked, eyes closed.

"Today? It's May 13. Why?" Jaemin asked, trying to hide his smile.

Haejin's eyes shot wide open, "It's the 13th of May? It's the 13th of May! Today's May 13!!" She said, sitting up and squealing.

Jaemin smiled, "Happy Birthday!" He hugged her.

She hugged back, "Finally! You remembered! Thank you." She was smiling from ear to ear.

Jaemin chuckled, "I never forget your birthday, Haejin-ah. I just pretend that I forgot about it."

"I know, I know.." She said, nodding.

Silence. Jaemin took the opportunity to stare at her. He admired how peaceful she looked even though she was in a comma for months.

"Thank you, Jaemin-ah.." She said out of the blue.

Jaemin raised a brow, "For what?"