Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Merry Christmas!!"

18 people were gathered inside then room, cheering and celebrating. Some were in front of the laptop screen, talking to someone.

"Johnny-hyung! It ain't Christmas there yet!" Mark said, laughing. Johnny went to Chicago to visit his parents.

"Yah! Don't expect anything from me!" Johnny said, laughing from the other line.

Haejin was just staring at the other members. She stayed with NCT, since the Girls' Avenue members went home for vacation.

Jisung was dancing songs of their sunbaes with Haechan, Jeno, and Chenle.

Mark, Taeyong, Kun, Taeil, Winwin, and Jaehyun were talking to Johnny.

Renjun, Yuta, Doyoung, and Ten were serving food.

Jungwoo and Lucas were already eating.

While Jaemin was just looking at the members— a sight he sees every single day, well, except for the part in which they're calling Johnny through Skype because he's in Chicago.

"You seem silent." He said, sitting beside Haejin.

Haejin shrugged, "I'm usually silent. What are you talking about?" She chuckled.

Just then, "Switch" played. "Yah, everyone!!! Let's dance!" Jisung called out his hyungs.

Taeyong turned the laptop around so that Johnny could still see them.

"yeogin eojikka? gunggeumhaejyeo
jom eodubji ana? bureul kyeobolge Switch
saeroun tongno tto dareun chance
i miroye kkeuteul narang gachi gabolrae"

"I wish I could join you guys in dancing." Haejin said, chuckling.

"Then join us!" Mark said.

"Haejin-ah, don't act like you don't know the choreography! You used to dance that everyday when you were still a rookie!" Johnny said from the other line.

Haejin just shook her head.

"Suit yourself!" Mark shrugged as he danced to the song.

"jeogi meolri galrimgire kkeuten mweoga boikka
yeogi noin geolrimdoreul neomeogamyeon boikka
cheoeum danneun geochin georeummajeo gibuni joa
jeogi meolri bupun kkumi jeomjeom gakkaweojyeo ga

makin giri eongkin giri nareul magaseon daedo
geuryeoganeun chaeweoganeun kkumeun namane jido
cheoeum boneun natteon shiseonmajeo neukkimi joa
jeogi meolri boin bichi jeomjeom gakkaweojyeo ga" They all sang at once.

She smiled. She really wanted to join them, but she couldn't. She was tired of rehearsing. Earlier this morning, they practiced non-stop. Lee Sooman even told her to rest, but she wouldn't listen.

****

It was already 1:17 am when they finished eating. They sat in a circle and played some games. Until they decided to give gifts.

There was an activity called "Secret Santa" in which they'll pick a member. The person has to give a gift to the person he/she has picked.

They all drew lots 2 weeks ago. And keeping their identity as the secret santa of one of the members is a hard thing to do.