Chapter 12

hello my lovelies~ thank you for 100k on My First and Last! i love you guys!❣️ Read the author's note at the end

you must have noticed a LOT of time skips. it's all a part of the plan ;)

clarifications: at the flashback in the previous chapter, it showed that Haejin was waiting for Jaemin to arrive. it showed that she was at NCT Dream's dorm. she did stay there for a night, just to ask Jaemin as to why he did not attend GA's first broadcast :)

---------

Chapter 12

1 month later...

"Do you have any plans for Christmas?" Jaemin asked Haejin, who was playing with her phone.

They were inside NCT's practice room,waiting for Mark to arrive. The Lee's will be rehearsing for an upcoming station called "Replay"

The entertainment is once again having "Station 0" like they had years ago (a/n: basically, today bc this story is in the future. an example of Station 0 is Baekhyun x Loco's "Young")

The line up is: Mark x Haejin, Baekhyun x IU, Doyoung x D.O., Onew x Taeil, Wendy x Taeyeon, Renjun x Lay, Yoona x Eunji, Sowon x Soeun, Haneul x Seungkwan, and finally, Haejin x Jaemin.

"Me? I've got none. I just want to rest and sleep and sleep and eat and sleep again. Mark and I aren't going to Canada anyways. We'll just stay here." Haejin informs Jaemin, as if she was going to do something very productive.

Jaemin laughed, "Yeah you need yo rest. You have been working hard, non-stop, ever since you came back."

"Wow, it's the first time you told me that after months." haejin laughed.

Jaemin raised a brow, "What do you mean?"

Haejin just shrugged as a response.

"What's wrong? You don't say unusual things. Did I do something wrong? Do we have a problem?" Jaemin asked, obviously worried. Haejin doesn't usually say things like these. Except when she's upset about something.

Haejin sighed, "I don't know... but why do I feel like we're drifting away from each other? Why do I feel like I'm not important to you anymore? Please tell my why... I might get crazy thinking about these things at night before I go to sleep... sometimes, they even keep me wide awake."

Jaemin stood up and went near Haejin.He sat beside her and leaned his head on her shoulder. "Please don't say that... please don't think of that... please, don't ever believe that. Believe me when I say that you're the most important person in my life— aside from my parents, of course. I know that sometimes, we fight. But at the end of the day? We always apologize, right? Love, I'm worried about you than anything else in this world. I could leave everything behind, but I could never, never, turn my back on you, the fans, and the members. Please don't ever say that you're not important to me. Because you are. And you'll always be." Jaemin said, which made Haejin's heart flutter.

The door opened, and the two immediately, but awkwardly, separated from each other, which made Mark crease his forehead. "Did I just interrupt something?"

Haejin shook her head.

Jaemin shook his head while walking arround, raising his arms, surrendering. "Yeokshi, Mark Lee!" Indeed, Mark Lee!

****

Although the fans have no idea about Haejin and Jaemin's relationship, most of them were really happy when SM announced that the two will have a station together.

A lot of fans were thanking SM, because they coincidentally paired Haejin and Jaemin. But little do they know, SM planned it all. Because the fans are the only ones who don't know, which is ironic. But it was Haejin and Jaemin's choice.

"Why won't you tell them? They seem pretty happy." Mark asked Haejin, who was eating in front of him. They were on their lunch break. And the two Lee's went out, since they're siblings after all.

Haejin shook her head, "Not now, maybe?"

"But it's been two years— almost three." Mark comments.

Haejin sighed, "What good will it do when we tell them? Nothing. Nothing's gonna happen, Mark-oppa."

"Fine, it's your decision after all." Mark sighed. "Are you done eating? Let's go back."

Haejin nodded.

****

A few weeks later, "Replay" (Mark and Haejin's station) was released. Since it was just a station, promotion on music shows are not needed.

"Just 4 more days until Christmas. What are you planning?" Mark asked his sister, whose arm was covering her eyes while lying down. They were inside NCT's practice room.

"I'm probably gonna sleep for the whole week. I feel so damn tired." Haejin said sleepily. "I also need to recharge for Jaemin and I's station. Which will be on the 6th of January. Plus the entertainment retreat on February or March."

"Oh right.." Mark nodded. "You still have "You and I" to film."

"Mhm..."

"You and I" was the title of Haejin and Jaemin's station.

Yesterday, Sowon and Soeun's "Let Go" was released.

Haejin's phone vibrated and she rushed to go outside because it was Eunji. Probably, a thing to discuss within their group.

"You know, Haejin is really hardworking. She meeds rest, especially with her condition." Taeyong said.

Mark sighed, "You're right, hyung. You're right."

______
what's your favorite track from NCT Dream's "We Go Up" Mini Album? Mine's "Dear DREAM" and "We Go Up"

ask me questions! if you want to know something abt me, it's your chance ㅋㅋㅋ i'll answer them in the next chapter. :)

ask them here

that's it! good night~