Chapter 7 - Taking A Step Ahead

Chapter 7

This chapter might be a bit crappy because I know what’s going to happen in the future, but I’m not sure how to make it happen. Do you get what I mean? :L I hate this -_-

There’s Tyler’s POV in this too. I think it’s important to find out what both of them are thinking ;) there might be a lot of POV changes, so sorry about that.

Anyway......so here goes nothing.

Enjoy!

------------

Tyler’s POV

It was the end of football practice for the week. I slung my towel across my shoulders, wiping my face with the end. I wasn’t usually this tired because I didn’t need to make an effort at playing. But this time I found it especially hard to focus, and there was only one person I could blame – Leslie.

That girl had been on my mind all the time and it even surprised me how airy I got when I was thinking about her. Twice today I got yelled at by Coach for shooting the ball into the wrong net, helping the opposing team score. For some reason, I didn’t want to tell her how I felt. Heck, I was even unsure if I felt anything for her or not.

I’m going to her house later, to catch up on some schoolwork. I hope I don’t make an idiot out of myself there, even though she always just laughs when I do.

I shook my head and started changing, shoving my sweaty clothes into my sports bag.

“Hey man.” I looked up and saw Jaden walking towards me, his shirt sticking to him.

“What’s up.” I greeted, and he leaned against the wall, smirking. I looked at him, scrunching my eyebrows up. “You’re not changing?” I asked, tying my shoelaces.

He nodded. “I will, in a minute.” His grin grew wider.

I gave him a weird look. “Okay,” I said slowly. I threw my bag behind my shoulders and started towards the door. “See you later man.” I said over my shoulder.

 “How are things between you and Leslie?” That question stopped me in my tracks and I turned around, raising my eyebrows.

“What do you mean?”

“You know....” he finished off, grinning suggestively. I shook my head and sat down.

“Nah, we’re just friends, I told you,” I said. Jaden flopped down next to me and I felt a wave of stink reach my nose.

“Are you planning on hooking up with her?” he asked, and I ran a hand through my hair.

“I don’t know,” I said truthfully, staring into the wall. “She’s a great girl, and I don’t wanna do that to her.” Jaden let out a loud laugh, shaking his head. “Oh, man,” he chuckled. “You’re whipped dude.”

 I rolled my eyes and shrugged. Jaden laughed again, and slowly faded away, muttering, “Poor Callum.” My head snapped up and I looked at him in confusion.

“Callum?” I repeated. “What does he have to do with this?” I said sharply, giving him an agitated look. Although I already had an idea where this was going to lead I wanted to hear it from his mouth.

“Callum likes her,” he said simply. “He didn’t know if you were dating, so....”

“So he asked you to find out from me because he didn’t have the balls to confront me?” I finished the sentence, and he shrugged, giving me a look that meant there was no other reason.

"Did.....is he going to go after her?" I asked him slowly, anticipating the reply.

Jaden nodded. "If she's not taken, then yeah, he was planning to make a move."