20

| The Day |

We've been walking for so long, I'm surprised I'm not tired at all despite myself using a lot of energy to get to Jinyoung in his fight. We're now just holding hands, one hand holding on tightly- no, it's both of us holding on tightly to each other. The day goes by slowly, it's only evening now, Jinyoung didn't agree to reserve a room for tonight.

"Wae~ It's better that we get some sleep." I whined to him acting like a 5 year old.

"It's best we stay at this certain spot I've chosen." He responded adding a smirk.

"Ugh, it better not be some sort of campsite, I can't deal with bugs." I rolled my eyes before noticing we arrived in front of a store that have camping gears.

"Eh!! Wae!!" I tried to run hoping this isn't true but Jinyoung wrapped his arms around me keeping me close to him.

If he can feel my heart beating right now, he knows that I'm being flustered right now!

I tried to wiggle my way out of his grip but he only managed to held on tighter. We walked in slowly since I was taking baby steps refusing to enter the store. Next thing I feel is a familiar object, I looked at my hand and noticed it was the strap Daniel hyung tried to do on us.

"Unbelievable..." I said before realizing the strap is shortened.

"Only because I know you won't last here while I grab some supplies. Beside it's not worth losing you in this type of area." Jinyoung reasoned with me before going to the food section. He asked me if I wanted this and that, etc.

>>>

As we exit the store, the skies was about to be dark. Jinyoung held the bags on his free hands, the other hand that is attached with the strap held onto my wrist and started to run.

"Ji-Jinyoung-ah! W-Why are we- running?!" I shouted, it was unexpected, never knew we have to get there at a certain time.

"We definitely are not being late!" He shouted back.

Parts of me wanted him to carry me but at the same time, he probably may still be weak, I don't want to hurt him just yet. I continued to run down with him till it was dark. He still seem to know his way around the place, I wanted to ask where's we're going. He probably won't even tell me till I heard loud screams nearby.

"Where are we at?" I asked and as I predicted, he didn't answer me.

The screams getting quiet as we were going the opposite way. We slowed down in a dark alleyway, some reason this place looked familiar.

"Remember the old days?" He asked me. I only looked at him with a confused look. He then chuckled and walked to one of the broken down sofa by a building.

"Really don't remember?" He said, I can feel that one of his brow crooked up.

"Sorry, but I don't remember." I sadly said to him, the street lights were soon coming on slowly. It's easier to see him and his surroundings.

"Okay so how this phase, 'Wherever you are, I'll be there to protect you.' ?" I froze on the spot, I remembered that phase.

"Yes, that was from 4-5 years ago before you disappeared. You always go down this street to go home if I'm not mistaken." He calmly said, so he's been knowing me and I never noticed?

"Lee Daehwi, you must've remember that one time where someone tried to gang you. I've known you for so long, gladly I was there to help you too. The thing is.." he continued to explain the story as I try to remember the memory.

FlashBack

"Thank you for the drink!" I thanked the cashier before exiting the cafe.

It was dark outside, street lights were lit, few walkers here and there. I was enjoying my drink outside the cafe for a little, it was best to have it when it's fresh. After finishing the drink, it was getting late. I throw away the cup and headed home, I've known this road for so long. I always use this road to get home, usually there isn't people hanging out at this time so I didn't worry that much.

"Hey boy." I heard someone said in the alleyway. I turned and found a dude leaning against the wall.

"Where's your family eh?" He said getting off the wall and walking towards me. I didn't answered, I wanted to run but my body is frozen on the spot.

"You're alone huh? Wow, that body of yours-" he licks his lips as he viewed my body.

He grabbed me and that's when I got back to reality. I tried to yell for help but then again no one is out at this time. He pinned me down on the cardboard that was laying around in the alleyway. I saw him pulled out a weapon from his back pocket then flipped it making the knife pocket out. I slowly crawled back away as he examines his knife.

"Back off." The man stopped his actions then stared at the owner of the voice.

"I said to back off." His voice got colder and deeper as the man just stay there having a small grin on his face.

End of Flashback

"After dealing with that guy, I helped you up from the ground. I had my mask and hood on so you won't recognize me. But I did say 'Wherever you are, I'll be there to protect you.'" Jinyoung finishes the story. I didn't noticed I was with Jinyoung the broken sofa.

"So why did you bring me here?" I asked and turned to him. Again, he's not gonna answer my question.

He stood up and pulled me up, we both are now facing at each other staring into one and another gaze.

"It's because I wanted to do this and doing it back at home isn't gonna be a great spot because of what happen earlier." He said softly, his head leaned closer then his lips made contact with mines.

We stayed there for about couple minutes before pulling away.

"I love you." He said before putting his hand at the back of my head then go towards my lips again while deepening the kiss.

I love you too. Thank you for all what you've done to me.

The End