Ch 20 - Lost In Thought

You head back to your room after the meeting in the gymnasium. You were so lost in thought that you reached your room without realizing it. You enter your room and sit down at your desk. You slowly pull out a brand new notebook and a pen. Your goal for today was to jot down all the things that were a problem with Madoka's IS unit. You were so focused on your task that hours had passed by and didn't even realize when Charlotte got back and came in the room. Charlotte watched you for a while before clearing her throat. You turned in her direction and were surprised to see her there.

"Sorry I didn't hear you come in." you say.

"Are you alright? you seem to be stressed out." Charlotte asks and says.

"Honestly? No. I'm worried about Madoka's IS unit. it's such a sophisticated machine that it will be hard to fix the problem with it. I don't even know where to start at on it. I may be spending a lot of time with the girls in the docking bay working on it." you say.

Charlotte gets up and wraps her arms around you, trying to soothe your emotions. She could see that you were stressed out and pushing your limits. You both were trying to chill out when Miss Orimura's voice entered the intercom in your room.

"(F/N). Please report to my office. I want you, Charlotte, Ichika and Madoka to meet me in my office. I have something important to discuss." Miss Orimura said over the intercom.

"We will be there shortly." you respond letting go of the intercom button.

Both you and Charlotte get up and head to Miss Orimura's office. It didn't take long to get there. When you entered the office, you saw that Ichika and Madoka were there. Madoka was in a wheelchair. You look at Miss Orimura and saw that she was mad and serious.

"What the hell is this Madoka?" Miss Orimura says holding up a small device with a camera on it.

"I honestly don't know." Madoka said shrinking back in fear.

"I didn't fully trust you and then the mechanic crew found this on your unit. I figured you were sent here to spy." Miss Orimura says with anger and hatred in her voice.

"I honestly didn't know. I'll take any punishment you see fit. Just don't send me away from you both!" Madoka says crying.

Miss Orimura thinks for a while. Everyone remains quiet. After a while Miss Orimura talks.

"You are on probation. You will not leave your room. A special task force will be in place to watch your every movement. You are prohibited from using your IS until further notice. I have your device right now for activating your unit. Your schoolwork will be brought to you. Your meals will be brought to you. If you need to use the showering facilities, me, the girls, Ichika and (F/N) will be accompanying you. In other words the boys will see you naked. If you do not agree to these terms you will be kicked out of the academy. Do you understand?" Miss Orimura said and asked Madoka.

"I understand." Madoka said while looking sad.

"(F/N) you will be accompanying  Madoka in her room from here on out until Ichika is back for the day. Your meals will be brought to you along with your studies. Sorry to do this to you but your IS unit is the most advanced out of anyone's. If she does anything you have permission to use extreme force." Miss Orimura says.

"Yes Ma'am." you say.

"Very well. You are all dismissed." Miss Orimura says.

You look over at Madoka and see that she looks like she has been betrayed. In a way you felt sorry for her but couldn't help think she should of been more careful and made sure that her unit hadn't been bugged by the enemy. Everyone gets up and heads back to their rooms for the night. You and Charlotte lay down on your bed. You both kiss each other. After a while you fall asleep from Charlotte massaging your shoulders and back. Before you fell asleep, you couldn't get the image of the look of hatred coming from Miss Orimura's face towards Madoka out of your mind.