Chapter Twenty Eight

Naruto didn't know exactly what to do. Should he act as if he remembered him from the other day? Should he play it off? In the end of what felt like hours - but was actually only a couple seconds - he went for the latter. He went back to staring at his cup in silence as if he didn't notice someone was there (very smoothly in his own opinion). He was hoping it was just a coincidence that the jinchuuriki had seated himself there but come on - when had Naruto ever been one for luck.

"Yo. You're the blonde who ran into me yesterday." Killer B said while keeping a close eye on Naruto's expression. Naruto looked over to him and feighned suprise.

"Oh, hey. . . Killer B was it? I apologize for that. I will admit I was quite deep in my cups." he lied convincingly. However convincing it may have been Naruto could tell B wasn't buying it, though he never commented his doubts.

"I must say, I wouldn't take you as a man who would enjoy to a place like this." B ignored his apology. Naruto rose a blonde brow fractionally.

"No? Well I guess I come off more conservative than I am." he carried on the conversation even though he wanted nothing more than to high tail it out of there.

Killer B looked at him, his shade concealing his eyes from view made it impossible to decipher his thoughts. "I don't think so." he said bluntly.

Shit, we've been found out. Naruto thought. Beside him he could sense Minato stiffen fractionally.

"Why do you say that?" Naruto asked casually, holding on to any ray of hope.

"You've been here for almost an hour yet and the whole time you haven't touched your drink or taken your eyes of the counter."

Damn.

"You've been watching me this whole time? Why would you do that?" Naruto questioned in a way that sounded innocent but disturbed. A hand wound its way around his neck from behind so he couldn't turn around.

Naruto cursed himself in all the ways he knew how. How could have been so focused on Killer B that he had let someone sneak up behind him like that? He glanced at Minato without moving a muscle and saw the other blonde was in a similar situation.

Without looking Naruto knew it was A who was behind him. A leaned in close so he was at the level of their ears.

"We know you are Leaf shinobi. Come with us or you are going to see something you wish you hadn't." he threatened. Naruto looked at Killer B questioningly, his future mentor pointed across the room, the hand around his neck loosed just enough so he look where he was pointing. Across the room there was a man who was clearly a shinobi, talking to a young lady. The man glanced their way and only then did Naruto notice the glint of a knife in his right hand.

"Alright then. Though you should let us go, don't want to be drawing too much attention now do we?" Naruto demanded in a low tone. When no one moved he added. "You already have a hostage, I'm aware that if we run you will kill her and my morals won't allow that."

The weight was hesitantly lifed from both his and Minato's necks. Naruto stood and rubbed the slightly sore skin.

"Try anything and he is under orders to slit her throat." A growled. Naruto supressed the urge to roll his eyes.

"Lead the way." he said sarcastically while making a dramatic swoop with his arm.

Minato just went along quietly and Naruto could almost hear his brain cooking up a plan.

With A leading infront of them and Killer B gaurding from behind, they were led outside into an empty lot.

"Now that we are here." A gestured with his hand and a dozen shinobi hopped out of nowhere half of them held hostages the other half were poised to attack at any moment.