seven. tom

The following week Charlotte was busy with the play, but she always made time for Christiana, teaching her breathing techniques and correcting her posture, and even bringing her along to have coffee with the rest of the cast after the Wednesday evening show, which she watched from the best seat in the theatre, the price of which was dismissible to Charlotte, who had gotten it for the girl, to whom its price wasn't as affordable, despite it being for amateur theatre that was only ever attended by friends and family of the cast and crew.

She would have came to an earlier show, but she was working an evening shift at a bakery on her side of the city, and Charlotte again shifted awkwardly when the blonde told her about that job of hers. She never had to work; yes, she worked hard on the roles she had in the drama school theatre plays, but she never had a real, paying job before the role in Infinity War, and even that wasn't something she could place on her CV when applying for a job in the city that was outside the acting industry and more of a usual job.

And her friend had been working every summer and winter break ever since she was legally allowed to.

But Charlotte tended not to think about those things, and how she only had a high school degree, and how if - God forbid - anything ever happened to her that rendered her unable to continue acting, she didn't have much chance at finding a stable job, unless she wanted to inherit her mother's drama school and keep milking high school students' money. She had a job, and it was the job of her dreams. She'd worry about problems as they came, but right now there wasn't any in sight, so she invited her friend over for a sleepover.

Charlotte had just finished that day's play, but hadn't gone out for coffee with the cast since it was Friday night and everyone had somewhere better to be, so the brunette decided to take a shower while waiting for her friend to get out of her evening shift. She had just stepped out of the shower and was tying her hair up in a towel turban when there was a knock on the door.

She didn't hear it since Tom was playing the piano in the living room, but the instrument was placed right next to the door and under the stairs to the upper floor, so the boy caught it.

"Come in." he yelled over the sound of the piano. The door opened slowly, and Christiana peeked inside before opening the door wide enough to let herself in, saying a little hello in the process, but not certain if it would distract the player. However, he wasn't distracted by her hello, but rather by her very being, as he didn't expect her there.

Charlotte just said she'd have a friend over the night, and he just assumed it'd be one of the drama club girls, as he liked to refer to them, since her sister didn't really have any other friends outside of it; she was so comited to the craft that she didn't really have any other hobbies.