eight. pj

Charlotte didn't like goodbyes. They were too emotional, and thus too stressful, but one way to solve that problem was apparently having a goodbye party. She preferred to call it her graduation party, because hearing the word 'goodbye' made the palms of her hands and the soles of her feet sweat, and her stomach turn inside out.

It made her wonder if her mother was right; maybe she wasn't ready for the life of a responsible adult member of society. She did only turn eighteen, and in the US, you become a legal adult at twenty-one. When she lands on American soil, she won't be able to drink anymore - not that she practiced that right of hers at home, anyway - and she would just be another kid trying to make it in the acting industry.

But one look at the letter she got from Kevin Feige let a surge of courage through her veins, and she concluded that going away from home to pursue a career in the film industry of Hollywood, LA, wasn't much different than her peers going away from home in order to further their knowledge in college.

She was going to miss home, but she would come back to it. And she would miss her family, but she could hear from them any time of the day or night - depending on their time zones, of course. She was ready to pursue her dreams, but before she did that, there was the goodbye-- graduation party.

People invited were Christiana, Tom, Tom's band, Charlotte's drama school classmates. Everyone was texted to come to the theatre, as the total amount of guests was around twenty-five, and if she tried fitting them in her flat above the theatre, there would surely be a mess her mother would be seething about, but the stage was easier to clean, and didn't have any breakables near, so that's where the Vaughan girl decided to host the party.

Christiana helped her choose an outfit and do her hair and make up, which ended up in Charlotte dressed in a knee-length royal blue dress and silver sandals with straps, her lips tainted with a stark red hue and eyes decorated with a cat eye that took up most of their time and was a result of many YouTube videos and make up hacks, and itself resulted in a few tears, while her brown hair was twisted in a formal but slightly messy bun.

Christiana looked equally dashing, but not as noticeable, as it was her friend's night, and she wouldn't do anything to take the limelight off of her, and such bold colours weren't in her style, so she opted for a white blouse with a cream-coloured skirt and white sandals the same type as Charlotte's, who borrowed them to her, as the girl wasn't used to dressing up and didn't own any. Her eyelids were sprinkled with subtle golden glitter, lips painted a similar colour to her skirt, and her long, blonde hair braided.

The two girls stood in front of the tall mirror in Charlotte's room, and Christiana let out an impressed 'damn', which made the brunette laugh and take her hand in hers, swinging it lightly. She grinned at their reflections and leaned sideways toward her friend, wrapping her in a hug. Chris simply ducked her head, smiling at her feet.