two. the captain

two. the captain

HOLLYNEWS

>>  latest news
>>  award shows
>>  celebrity fashion
>>  quizzes 

Charlotte Vaughan cast in an upcoming Marvel movie?

article by hanna noel

(Charlotte Vaughan, 18, at the premiere of 'Spy' in 2015)

If the name Charlotte Vaughan doesn't ring a bell, we don't blame you. The eighteen-year-old actress' entire opus has been limited to a Manchester theater, but it seems as though that's about to change.

Her last name, though, should mean something to anyone who likes good movies or is at least in on the celebrity gossip.

That's right - Charlotte Vaughan is the daughter of none other than Charles Vaughan, whom you probably know as either the Talented Mr. Ripley, the Young Pope, or as dr. John Watson to Robert Downey Junior's Sherlock Holmes -- and Downey is, mind you, the girl's godfather -- how cool is that?)

And while we're talking about Downey, who is largely associated with his role as Tony Stark aka Iron Man, we should probably mention there are rumors that his goddaughter has been cast next to him in Avengers: Infinity War in a yet undisclosed role.

Charlotte arrived in Los Angeles three days ago with her father and best friend? stylist? assistant? and was welcomed by Downey Junior and his family, with whom the Vaughans are very close with, and for obvious reasons. The girl has been seen enjoying coffee with her best friend? stylist? assistant? and walking through the city, and most recently having lunch with Autumn Watson, screenwriter for various Marvel movies, including Infinity War, in which she has also been cast in a mysterious role.

If that's not proof enough for you, I don't know what else to tell you, but I'm hopeful I'll be able to say 'Told you so!' when it is confirmed Charlotte will indeed be appearing in Infinity War.

Do you think Charlotte Vaughan will be in Infinity War? If so, who do you think she will portray? Sound off in the comments!

RELATED NEWS

PHOTOS: Autumn Watson having lunch with Charlotte Vaughan