Elliot

The third day without Lily and it's hurting me like hell, i wasn't angry because of her genotype, she's not at fault, but the least she could ever do it's tell me, I stayed in her place not because I have no place to go or couldn't get a house but because i wanted to know, what makes her smile though she hardly does, to be there for her when times are tough, after all this while, all the fun, she decided to hide the biggest part of her life from me.
That's what hurts the most, we've been friends for almost a year and we got along so well, I know on several occasions she looks sick but always denies when I asked her.
It's my fault i was to preoccupied in trying to please her without really trying to know what's wrong.
I recall many events that i will see her looking pale as if lacking blood, even her lips that are pink sometimes looks baby pink but I blame it on stress , I remember talking to her about it "baby look at your palms" i said holding out her palms "i will donate you blood if you need it, tell me how many bags of blood" I said laughing, then she quickly hit me "look at you so thin, do you think you have the blood to share" she said laughing.
All those moments are moments I cherish, i can say they're the beautiful moments of my life, but they slip right through my hands, it's true when they say happy moments  are short lived and happy memories are the saddest.
I've been seeing her text,her calls and voice notes, sometimes I feel like picking up but i want her to get use to it, there's no more us.
A ring on my phone startled me with it's annoying ringtone I checked the screen i saw "fiancé" with our picture, it reminded me of the day we took that photo it was a Sunday after church Lily was singing praises about how she loved the grey shirt she bought me and how it fitted me "you look so good in this shirt, light colours don't look good on you, dark colours do" she put her arms around my shoulders "snap a picture for me" she said kissing my cheeks "your lips won't work beautiful" i said think of how I'm going to take a selfie it's so ladylike "please please please" she repeats, I unlocked my phone and open the camera "I'll only snap with my choco pie I said drawing her to my lap then I snapped, "that's not fair I wasn't ready delete it" I nodded my head but i will never delete it, she has a beautiful smile in the picture.
This is the second time my phone rang I didn't pick and i off the phone I'm not ready to talk or accept reality. I lay down on my bed, because I don't feel like going to work today, I don't feel like anything.

Lily's p o v
After a little chitchat with the doctor about how I should take care of my self and what ever, I search through my bag looking for my phone, I called Ell and he didn't pick I called again but to know avail only taking to his voice mail, I'm glad he has one because I can here his voice "it's Ell leave your message i will get back to you shortly"
"Ell I need to talk to you please pick" i press send, then the door opened revealing Sam what's he still doing here "are you feeling okay" he said taking a sit next to me I nodded my head " I talked to the doctor" I looked at him expecting him to tell me what she's told him "you will be going home tonight" i sigh in relief "but she said tomorrow" I growled "yes I told her I'll get the tests results by tomorrow so she should let you go" he smiled as if he has done me a favour, he did actually "want to eat" he asked "yes please" i said, he stood up leaving,why is he is he so nice "Sam" I called as he opened the door "thank you" he waved his hand "any time" with that he left.

Today is my third day of being discharged from the hospital sitting ideal at home, because Sam gave me the whole week off, though we always fight but after my crises, he's been so nice to me, he always visits and bring a lot things, but that's not what matters, what mattered is Ell, he didn't even call for a week.
It's not like I wanted him back, I know it's not possible but deep down I felt otherwise, I know we cant be together but deep down I wish we could be together forever, but I just wanted to apologize for breaking his heart.

"Coming" i said responding to the knock on my door, I quickly went and open the door, i saw Sam, every time i hear a knock on the door I always hope it's Ell.
"Hy, come in" i opened the door wider for him to come in, "how are you feeling?" He said sternly "I'm healed" I tried to joke "take a seat" I point towards the coaches "coffee, juice or water and don't say nothing" I stood up waiting for his reply "juice" he said almost as a almost to low to be heard "good because i made this lemon juice juice yesterday that I couldn't finish" I went to my kitchen and pour it in the jug and took a cup along, i placed it on the coffee table and poured some into the cup "here you go" i handed it to him, he took a sip and told me how sweet it is, after that the atmosphere was off and awkward "I didn't see your fiancé at the hospital, what happened to you that you collapsed the other day?"
he asked "he's o-out o-of town " I stutter something i do when I'm nervous, I looked up at him, he was not looking convinced, he opened his mouth to talk but close it, i was thankful he did because i will break down and will cry in front of "I wanted to check on u, which I did, so I will get going" he said he walked to the door,and we said our goodbyes.

Sams POV
I called the Human Resources department requesting for Lilly's file, deep down I knew something was wrong but being the strongest woman she's, never shown it, if not for few mistakes of hers here and there i will say she's a perfectionist, she always makes things right, but deep down I know she has a problem especially after last week.

I was checking her medical details carefully so I wouldn't miss out, i was shocked when i saw her genotype, she was never sick at the office or is it that she showed up even when she is sick, she looks strong, not like other sickle cell patients I know.

The next morning, I went out of the mansion to the cold November air, I hurried up to my car and turn on the heater and drive down to Lily's, I know her legs were paining and she finds it hard to drive.
After a couple of knocks she opened the door, to my surprise her eyes were blood shot red, her hair its like she didn't comb it at all and the Lily I know always comb her hair "hey, what?" noticing my examination, I didn't reply back but rather drag her back to her living room not with force because I know her condition "Lily what's wrong" I asked searching for her eyes "I'm just sick" he said stuttering, she's lying I know it, but then again who I'm i to her, I always treated her badly "I understand I'm not someone you can tell but you look a mess" I said walking out then I stopped when she said "my engagement was canceled" I turned back as quickly as i can,she was practically crying on the floor, I went over i sat next to her on the floor not saying a word, I allowed her to cry it all out on my suit, I hold her closer and draw small circles on her back, we sat there for almost an hour before she broke my hold "it was all my fault Ell is not to be blamed" she said sniffing, I'm shit at comforting people so I just nod my head "I lied about my genotype and we are incompatible he AS and I'm" she burst into tears, I draw her to my chest "shh I know" I said she quickly looked up her eyes almost closing because of tears " i- I checked your file when you were sick" i was afraid she will get angry, and then new tears, God whats wrong with girls.