Move on!

I woke up to the sun from the window, I scan  the room and find Sam still sleeping on the sofa, i make my way to the bathroom as silent as possible not wanting to wake him up, I brought my clothes with me and took a hot bath then changed to my clothes.
I went to Sam's kitchen and prepared some potatoes i open the cupboards to look for coffee, I found many varieties I decided to go for some coffee beans and coffee mate, i made the tea and it smells amazing, i was setting the table  "good morning" I turned around and saw Sam, he smiled at me and walk over "good morning sleepy head" it slip my mouth, I always say that to Ell when he's up late.
We ate our breakfast in silence after we are done   Sam and i wash the dishes.
The drive back home was long, traffic was bad because is a weekend, I was back home in an hour, i took a nap then make some lunch after eating i on the TV to my favorite program.

I turn over to off my alarm it's already 6:30am, i took a quick bath and put a little make up, it looks all new to me because it's been long i wore make up.
I arrived at the office a little bit early, I decided to eat since I didn't eat at home i got some chocolate cake from the lobby and made some coffee.

Sam P O V
My bed smells like Lil I didn't want to wake up but i have to. I took a bath and make my way to the office.
I saw Lily's car in the parking lot, i took my lift to my office but stopped at Lily's office, I knocked into the office and i saw her eating, she looks very different "good morning sir" she said mouthful "good morning" I replied remembering the day she first ate the cake in front of me "you look beautiful today" but she's always looks so beautiful "thank you" she said.

"Lily come over to my office" I said hanging the call and in minutes she arrived
"We have a dinner invite" i said passing the invite to her "i will like you to go with me".

The dinner is tomorrow and I have no idea to what color of suit to wear, I went to my designer and chose a black suit, i saw a very beautiful black dress a black dress with lace half through floor length just as Lily wants.
She hardly wears short dress like those girls look for attention.
I bought the dress with a pair of silver bracelet and earrings, after leaving the shop I sent my driver to deliver them to her.

Lily p o v

My mood has been better this days, it had been 4 months since what happened between Ell and I, but sam has always been around whenever i need a friend.
I want to buy a dress for the dinner he was invited to, but I'm running low on money, I have to cut corners. Buying a dress is not what I want to do, a knock brought me back from my thoughts, i scoot to the door, I wasn't expecting anybody.
Sam's driver what is he doing here "good day maam, i was sent to give you this" he hands me a bag "thank you" i said and close the door.
It's a dress, a beautiful black dress with a pair of Earrings and a bracelet. I felt the softness of the fiber I retrieved my phone from the room and dialed Sam but he didn't pick so I sent him a message to thank him.
I try on the dress it fit just fine. After putting it aside I went to sleep.

The day went by so quick and it was 6 already, I took my bath and apply a light makeup with nude lipstick, I made my hair into a bun, I I'm satisfied with what I'm seeing i went down an grab my car keys and went downstairs, after opening the door i saw a tall figure standing he was on phone with some and i know that voice I'm sure i do i pat his shoulder and he turned, i saw Sam in a black suit he looked so amazing but he was intensely looking at me "hey I snapped my fingers" and he revert his attention to me "hy" he smiled, an adorable smile "let's leave is 7:30 already I tell him.
The venue was decorated so beautiful it was shouting riches and everyone there is looking sophisticated I walked around  leaving Sam with some business partners, these party will be boring for sure because Sam is the only person I know.
"Sam" I tapped at his shoulder, "I'll be right back" he nodded and with that I walked away
I ambled through the people, looking for escape, I'm not the party type, I don't actually feel among this wealthy business men and women
I wondered how much it cost the owner of this hotel to get this amazing job done
Even the name is sophisticated "Hotel Quintessences" maybe it's a joint business I thought
I walked down to a door that exhibited a big well tilted staircase by the side was written "Balcony" I climbed the two flight staircase "wow what a beautiful view" i wanted to shout, this place is so beautiful
The lights, the interior, the decor; wow I could live here forever
I notice a tall figured man dressed in a black Tuxedo, he actually looks like Ell "snap out of it Lil" I warned my inner self
"Hello" i moved a little closer to him
"Mind if I join you, I just need s-some fresh ...." I stopped mid sentence
It felt like my fractured heart was fixed again after our eyes met
I hugged him so tight, it took seconds before i feel his hands wrapped around my small back and I felt secure, it's like dive it self was hugging me
Every piece of me was put back but reality hit and I quickly broke the hug.
Just like I broke us....

"I'm sorry" i said meekly
"For what actually?" He asked
"I'm sorry for the lies, for missing you at night, for missing you when sprinkling cinnamon to my coffee, for the late hugs, for wearing the shirts you left at my place, f-for not moving on, f-for s-still loving you, and for this h-hug" i felt a hot liquid stroll down my cheeks
"I miss us Ell" i said sobbing "and don't lie to me, you miss me too you're still wearing our engagement ring" i hold his ring finger
"Lily what do you really want, you know this, the Us thing will never work, it shouldn't have happened earlier" he said removing the ring, he handed it over to me and hold my shoulders "Lily move on please, you are beautiful, find someone  perfectly fit and get wedded, I'm leaving Canada next week, I'm going home, maybe I'll be able to deal with the reality of not being able to spend the rest my sunsets with you" he said and pecked my cheeks  "can we at least be friends?" I asked "can you send mails after you leave" praying he'll say yes
"I will try Lily, but it won't be easy" he smiled
"Can i hug you for the last time, 2 minutes" I asked like a child
He engulfed me in a warm embrace, i was welcomed by his scent and I could feel his heart beat, beats faster
I fit well in his arms.......