Let Battle Commence

A/N This is kind of a spoiler, but I don't really want you to read this unprepared - there is a section at the end that will probably break your hearts into thousands of tiny pieces :'( Also, this isn't really a PG, it's just that my rating options are messing up so I can only put either PG or Restricted for some reason :P

-Stampy's P.O.V-

The second I roared my command, my friends streaked out from every direction. "Come on!" I shrieked to Squid and Lee. I wanted to be with my two closest friends for this. Glancing around me, I could already see Netty, Zoe and Tomohawk fighting back to back, pushing a group of their attackers apart. Longshot, Longbow and Buildy had taken it upon themselves to help Rosie protect Salem and Mousie as they moved towards the fortress to find Amy. I was almost too distracted though, for it was only because of Squid's shriek that I dodged an arrow whizzing towards my head. "Why haven't they fallen into the pit?" Lee shrieked, slashing wildly at an irritating baby zombie. I glanced around, but to my horror, I realized that the TNT had blown away a mere layer of dirt. Beneath was a shielding, protective layer of obsidian. Lee and Squid followed my gaze and saw the same thing. "Damn," Squid muttered, blocking a skeleton's relentless attacks. 

A screech echoed throughout the sky island and my head snapped up in terror. Someone had just taken a heavy blow: possibly even fatal. I whipped around at Netty's horrified wail to see her friend Tomohawk lying on the ground, bleeding badly from a wound on his arm. Above them hovered an immense three-headed skeleton thing. "What in the name of Notch? Since when did Hit The Target have a Wither?" Lee shrieked. I barely heard him though - the second Squid saw Tomohawk he gave a cry of sheer terror and raced across to where he lay. "What the- Squid! Come back!" Lee exclaimed. I put a paw out to stop him. "He'll be fine," I whispered, even though it filled me with even more terror to see my friend facing a Wither on his own.

-Squid's P.O.V-

The screech immediately caught my attention. I quickly finished of the slightly annoying skeleton who seemed to think he could outrun me, and turned to follow the gazes of Stampy and Lee. A lump rose in my throat when I saw Tomohawk lying on the ground. I think my shriek must've ggot everyone listening or watching. I also don't think I ever ran as fast as I did then. Netty and Zoe had their own problems - my brother was defenceless against the- Wither? What the...

There was no time to dwell on it. I found myselof throwing myself between Tomohawk and the Wither as the great three-headed brute launched another attack. Lifting my sword, I barely blocked it in time. Behind me, I heard Tomohawk gasp a little when he saw me fighting off the Wither. The creature seemed infuriated with me. The beast drew itself back, puffing out its chest and charged forwards towards us. I found myself grabbing Tomohawk's wrist and rolling out the way, dragging him with me. "What the- who are you?" he asked, confused. Those words felt like a stab in the heart. Nobody had ever told him about me. I sighed and turned back just in time to block another attack from the Wither. Then suddenly, it let out a shriek and flung itself towards me. I tried to dodge, but it tossed me aside easily. I was thrown across the clearing and slammed into the boulders that had shielded us when we first landed on the sky island. Dazed and feeling blood trickling from the back of my head, my vision was a little blurred when I looked up to see the Wither bringing relentless attacks upon Tomohawk. 

"NOOO!" came my shriek as I staggered to my feet and hurled myself towards the scene. I must've had a death wish... but I couldn't let my lost brother die right before my eyes. Sword out, I threw it my own attacks, screeching for it to stop, even though I knew it wouldn't. Now absolutely infuriated with me getting between it and its prey, it reared right back, ready to attack. It was at that moment that I swapped my sword for bow and arrow, aimed and shot the creature dead on the heart. It was the final blow. The creature let out a pitiful moan as it fell to the floor before going up in a cloud of white smoke. Trembling, my legs buckled beneath me and I fell to the ground. Slowly, everything started going black and I slipped into darkness.