Chapter 6 - Overprotective Kakashi

The sky's awake, so Shina's awake. She needed to go say goodbye to her only friend Itachi.

I'll say that again. Her only friend. Many children don't want to be friends with her, considering she has a temper of a legendary Uzumaki. Their parents didn't want their child coming home beaten up like a rotten potato.

Walking towards the dango shop, she encounters a group of genins with amusingly loud voices with Team 7.

"Kakashi! I feel youth radiating off your skull and it's been waiting for a challenge. Challenge me." A boy with a green jumpsuit and orange warmers, motioning the silver dog to run a a around the village.

"Nope." Was the dog's simple reply.

Shina just shrugged and went to an empty seat. A waitress came towards her and asked for her order, Shina only spoke of alot of green tea flavored dango. The waitress going away the kitchen to get her precious dango.

Whilst waiting for the dango, her peaceful moment last long when she heard a certain Uchiha yell.

"Miku-chan! You were here?!" Obito yelled, enough for his fellow classmates to hear.

"Yeah~ I'm here, want some dango?" Shina stared at him, motioning him a seat beside her. Obito eagerly goes to the seat when all of a sudden.

"Ahh~ Nevermind, I forgot I'm saving that seat for someone." Shina suddenly yet sleepily states. Airama laughed at scene infront of her, she hoped Uchihas' were like this.

"Ahh~ you're so cute!" A red-eyed woman squealed in delight, pinching the red's cheeks. Shina pouted and puffed out her cheeks.

'I'm totally not gonna be like this when I'm older.' She vowed, making Kurama snicker in the back of her head.

"Shina, aren't you supposed to train? Not fooling yourself infront of these children." Kakashi bitterly stated, crossing his arms, his glare was hard enough for someone to pee his pants.

  "I'm taking a break Kakashi-kun. Plus, I'm still waiting for my training partner." Shina calmly stated as she wriggles off of the red-eyed woman's grip.

The cloth that covers up the dango shop opened to see the Uchiha clan's son.

"You're quite early." Shina lazily said, leaning her head against the table. Itachi taking the chair right across the table.

"Are we gonna leave or no?" The Uchiha asked, not visibly craving for some sweet dango.

"I still have to wait for my dango." Shina said as she covered her face with her crimson hair.

"Itachi?! Why are you here?!" Obito frantically yelled, his tone was laced with concern and panic. Knowing his voice, he thinks he would have a scolding from the Uchiha lord. Itachi didn't respond, instead, he waited for Shina's dango to arrive.

With Shina kept moving around and the genins and the single chuunin were looking at them, in curiousity.

The keys jingled on the red haired girl's belt. Itachi took notice of this.

"Where'd you get those keys?" Itachi silently asked, pointing at the girl's keys. Shina's eyes followed at his fingers.

"They looked weird and fascinating, it looks fun." Shina swiftly lied, Itachi seemed to buy it.

With that, Shina's dango arrived. The genin, especially Kakashi, were eyeing at the children with a hawk's eye.

"Hey, don't you think Kakashi's acting a bit weird lately?" The red-eyed woman, Kurenai, slightly pointed at the silver dog who was just a table across.

Asuma, Kurenai's best friend, simple shrugged and said, "Nope." Kurenai sighed.

  "His ego gotten up a bit higher, also, he's staring out too much on Miku-chan." Kurenai explained about her sighting and observations to the bored Sarutobi.

"Now that you mention it, yeah, he is kinda weird." Iruka, a fresh genin and a classmate of Kakashi, spoke out of curiousity from Kurenai's words. The three genin agreed.

"No, my fellow friends, Kakashi's getting more youthful day by day!" The green beast, Gai, responded with energy, as if ready to go to fight a very strong god of war. The three sweatdropped at the taijutsu specialist's answer.

"He's just overprotective over my daughter." Kushina said, who appeared out of nowhere. She was accompanying Kakashi's blonde haired sensei, who is Kushina's husband. The three flinched at the sudden appearance of the two.

"Kushina-san! Minato-sensei!" Obito yelled out, catching the attention of Kakashi, Shina and Itachi.

  "Minato-sensei/ Dad~" The silver dog and the red fox spoke simultaneously. Minato smiled and greeted back.

"Ahh~ Itachi! You've grown up!" Kushina squealed and stared at the Uchiha, who was across her own daughter.

Itachi responded with a simple, "Good Morning, Kushina-san." Kushina, who smiled at the Uchiha.

  "'Kaa-chan, Tou-chan, why are you here dattebane?" Shina asked as her plateful of dango arrived.

"We were just hungry that's all. We're just going eat and leave for a mission." Minato answered Shina's question, who silently nodded.

"Do you want this take-out? We gotta train." Itachi said, who delightfully stared at the dango that sat in front of him. Shina replied with a nod, once more. She politely asked the waitress to have their dango inside a paper bag so they can eat beside the river bank.

With that settled, the two left side by side, heading to their training grounds. Kakashi, burning holes on the Uchiha's head as they left the shop.

The red and yellow were not on easy terms about their daughter. Minato was silently looking at Kushina's jolly phase.

"That's it! Shina and Itachi will get married when they're old enough!" This made Kakashi make his composture fall.

"I WILL NOT HAVE SHINA OVER THE HANDS OF AN UCHIHA!" Minato agreed on Kakashi's statement.

"I am announcing this bet on you, Minato!"

"Alright.. alright.."

Meanwhile~

Itachi and Shina were sharing dangos, all of a sudden, Shina suddenly spoke up with a smile.

"You owe me dango, Itachi~"

^|^    The amount of cringe I see

^
|
^
    The amount of cringe I see. (6/4/19)