Chapter 12 - Pretty Redhead

"Now that the mess is over. I bet you have something learned in these past months," Akira states, students were listening attentively.

"I hope someone will graduate earlier than others."

~《》~

Class ended just like that. Students were going home with their parents. Knowing Kakashi is on a mission, Shina walks by herself towards home. On her way home, she was interrupted by a yell.

"Shina!" Itachi's voice rang in Shina's ears. Shina turned aeound to see Mikoto, Itachi's mother, and Itachi himself. As the Uchiha went closer to her, she greets.

"Good evening, Uchiha-san." She greets with a polite smile on her face. Mikoto instantly had a shine in her eyes.

"You have really grown up. Kushina is proud of you! And you have become more beautiful too." Mikoto ruffled her crimson hair. Shina giggled.
"Thank you!"

"Why were you walking alone? It is dangerous walking around the streets at this late." Mikoto said, worry laced in her voice. They were conversing with each other while walking towards the Uchiha compound.

"Kakashi-nii was away for a mission. I decided to go home by myself. I am capable fighting baddies." Shina courageously spoke, sometimes punching the air with her small fists.

The Uchiha compound was lit in bright, laughter and cheers were hanging in the air. Uchiha members were at the entrance guarding the compound entrance. Mikoto swiftly glided in with Itachi and Shina. The Uchiha welcomed the lady and the children. The Uchihas didn't mind Shina's prescence.

The door slid open and was encountered with laughter and squeals.

"Nii-chan! Kaa-chan! Welcome home!" A replica of Itachi hugged Mikoto's knees, giggling in delight. His eyes turned to me and stared at me for a couple of seconds.

"You're very beautiful, nee-san!" He paused for a moment and looked at Itachi, "Is she your girlfriend?!"

Shina's face was a shade of Mars. Shina and Itachi shook their heads vigorously.

Mikoto smirked. "I like your idea, Sasuke."

Itachi could only facepalm.

"Anyway, who are you, nee-san?" The child, Sasuke, stared at Shina with his void-colored eyes. Shina's eyes become watery and pinched the child's cheeks.

'This child, is so, cute.'

"Nii-san, control your woman." Sasuke nonchalantly said, pointing at Shina. Itachi was red as roses. Shina had blood running down her nose.

"S-S-S-Sasuke! Don't be silly! We're just seven and eight years old!" Shina stuttered as a mettalic smell swifted in her nose. Airama was cackling in the background. "This is hilarious!"

'Have Itachi as my..?' At that point, Shina would've fainted from blood loss. She didn't because of Kurama's help in healing her.
"I guess Uchiha's can have a sense of humor."

After Mikoto's laughing fit, Fugaku entered the house with Shina and Mikoto helping, and having to be a deep conversation with each other. He decided to not disturb and looked to the backyard and saw Sasuke and Itachi sitting down and looked at the trees as it swayed with the wind.

"Itachi." Fugaku's voice echoed, resulting Itachi and Sasuke to turn their heads at their father.

"Father." Itachi responded back. He stood up and bowed to him with Sasuke shivering behind him.

"Why is Shina Hatake here?" He asks his son, crossing his arms as he did so.

"Kaa-san offered her to have dinner with us." Itachi politely said, gesturing Sasuke to help Mikoto. Without hesitation, he helped and went inside.

"Alright." Fugaku went closer to him and ruffled his hair. Itachi was a bit shocked from his affectionate gesture.

  "No need to be stiff. It's been awhile since we ate with a visitor in this household." Fugaku went inside, ending their conversation.

"Itachi!" Shina's voice echoed in the halls, waving her hand with a kitchen mitten and wearing an apron, it got his attention of course. "Dinner's ready 'ttebane!"

Itachi removed his ninja sandals before going in. He went to the dining room and immediately smelled sashimi and curry. There were also karaage and tempura. Itachi sweatdropped at the food variety that was being set in the table.

"Is someone coming here?" Shina sweatdropped at the sight of the food that they served. Itachi could only guess.

"Hello~ Is anyone home?" A voice echoed from the front door. Mikoto emerged from the kitchen, delightful to see another Uchiha face.

  "Shisui, you're early. I thought you would come here after dinner." Mikoto said, placing down the white rice along with the other dishes placed on the table.

  "We finished our mission. I wouldn't miss your cooking, Auntie." Shisui politely greets and spots a redhead near Itachi.

"A new face! Your name is..?" Shisui trails off, asking the redhead's name.

"Shina. Shina Hatake." Shisui nodded.

"You're the girl that is Kakashi-senpai's foster sister, right?" He asked as they proceeded to sit and waited for Fugaku to arrive.

"I didn't know Kakashi-nii was very popular in the ninja community." Shina said, placing her hand on her chin.

"Well he is."

"Popularity isn't about being a ninja, I think it's pretty stupid." Shina said, twiddling with her red hair entangled into furballs.

"I think so too." Itachi joined in the conversation.

"I'm liking you guys alot." Shisui grinned and wrapped his arms around the two children.

"Of course!" Shina returned Shisui's grin with a wider grin.