Chapter 24 - Her Written Feelings

All Shina could think was an escape plan.

Ask yourself why?

She was holding Itachi's hand. More like forced, since their wrists were tied with a cloth with a safe distance of two inches.

As for Itachi's case, he kind of like this situation, being tied wrists with the girl he unknowingly grew feelings for. He softly smiled at the blushing girl who was fiddling the hem of the kimono she wanted.

After explaining the legend of Kemuri, they were told by them the village that was shown in the map was just a decoy and was said to be 'burnt' down and abandoned. Geisha came and apologized for her inappropriate acts and dolled up Shina for the Soul Festival.

She stopped fiddling with her kimono when a small but audible growl was heard from her stomach, making Itachi turn to her, wide-eyed. She lowered her head, blushing in embarrassment. "We can eat after the Lily Shower." He smiled, walking to a big opening where a river surrounding a small land with Namae's statue with Indra with a template, a lot of water lilies with unlit thin candles and tiny scrolls on the floating water lilies on the body of water. Laughing children and families placing their own lilies. The water reflected the moon above it.

A middle-aged man approached the with lilies and candles and gave a smile. "Everyone has one wish not anyone knows other than you, y'know?" He offered them a lily and candle with small scrolls. Shina and Itachi took them from the man's hands as the man left. Itachi placed his lily with the candle on the center on the slow river, crouching as Shina watched him do it. "What's it for?" Shina curiously asked, doing the same to her candle and lily. "This river was said to be Namae-sama's first blessing or prayer from Kami-sama. Namae-sama apparently was the first one to make this belief and the people in the village believed in it since it has been working wonders to the village." Itachi said. Shina blinked, "I see." Shina brought her knees to her chin, hugging her legs, looking at the other lilies floating on the river (pulling Itachi to sit by her.)

"I guess the papers are for your wishes?" She guessed, pushing a lock of bright red and white locks behind her ear. The male nodded, sitting down, holding his tied, holding a quill with ink. He handed the quill to Shina, who looked confused, her face written 'Where did you get this?'. Itachi pointed to a table where quills and ink were placed.

A soft breeze pushed their hair to the right. Shina's right hand holding the quill with the scroll in her right. She tried to think of one, but ended up failing. She stared at Itachi, whose soft face was kissed by the soft moonlight. From looking at him, she was reminded by something.

Something that she wanted a long time ago.

~《》~

Shina munched on her takoyaki and let her fill her mouth with all sorts of flavors within the cooked octopus. Itachi sipping his beef ramen beside her with his right hand with his left being dragged around by Shina's.
"We might have to hurry up. They're lighting the candles later." Itachi silently said, making Shina turn her head in his direction, him occasionally picking on his noodles. With that, Shina plopped her last takoyaki into her mouth. Drinking the cold water, she proceeded to stand up waiting for Itachi, who was drinking his own cold water.

Walking back towards the river, Shina gripped the cloth that was tying both of them.
"You look like you want to talk about something Shina. You can talk to me." Itachi said, looking towards the direction they were heading. Shina jolted out of her trance and looked at Itachi, who looked very calm at this situation.
"How are you going to deal with Sasuke after the coup d' etat?" Shina monotonously said, looking at the ground before her. "Being a villain in Sasuke's story." She thinned her lips in a line. "Shisui wouldn't forgive you if you'd do that." She smiled sadly. "But you won't even change your mind, you wouldn't let people change your mind either." Itachi smiled. Shina's still sharp as ever, he thought.

"Where do you go after you finished your job?" Shina quietly asked. "Honestly, I don't know." Itachi replied.

Shina nodded, "You know we can still be together. Letting myself forget you would be something I couldn't do." She smiled, determined with herself. "I can find ways to see you alot. Whether you're an S-ranked criminal or just a rogue ninja, you'll be welcome in this village!" Itachi looked at her, confused.

"I'll be working alongside the village chief as their Reaper." Shina seemed to know what he was asking. "What about Naruto and Kakashi? You're going to leave the village for that." Shina blinked then smiled, "I know. I'm being selfish, to be honest. Leaving them in Konoha, Naruto constantly getting bullied and leaving him there. I'm repeating the same mistake. I love him. No matter how many times I say it, he won't forgive me by the next time I see him." The familiar stinging feeling in her eyes as her vision blurred. "Kakashi-nii.. I never payed attention to him. Him, coping with my father, Obito, Rin and his father's death, although he didn't show it. I gave you and Shisui attention while leaving him in the dark." Her legs gave up on her, sniffing with occassional hiccups. The cloth untangled both of them but that didn't stop Itachi from giving her a tight hug. She let out a silent cry as she returned the hug with open arms. Itachi let his fingers run through her white and red hair.
"I'm ashamed of myself."

~《》~

Shina cried herself to sleep. Itachi teleported to their two bed room as he laid her on her bed in her covers. Removing her rose hair-pin, he brushed her hair off her face and continued to look at her with soft eyes.

Her spread-out form caught his attention with her written arm in a neat and cursive writing. It was her draft for her scroll.

'Wishing to wake myself in a fantasy I've always wanted.'

~ Feel free to ask questions in my inbox! I'm going to publish it along with Chapter 25! (If someone's gonna ask me something 😂😂.)

Thank you for reading! 💜💜