Chapter 15 - The Greatest Tragedy

~《》~

Shina squirmed under someone's grip. She slightly opened her eyes and saw a slightly muscular arm draped around her waist. And just like that, she just remembered. She smiled at the thought.

'I met Itachi in five years.' She nuzzled into his bare chest, his vanilla scent with a hint of morning dew wafted inside the tent. She managed to get up from Itachi's grip and leave their tent.

"You have a very close relationship with the captain, what are you to him?" Shina nearly jumped unto when she heard Gin's voice. "You scared me.." Shina muttered under her breath, her mask was off from her face. Gin didn't know the Great Hatake's sister was this beautiful for a thirteen year old woman. "I've been friends with him before he entered the academy, even before the nine-tails attacked the village.." She smiled softly at the memories, flattening her hair.

"I never would've thought the captain had any bonds with, even females." Gin lowered his mask, giving a full view on his face. He had a sharp jaw, a chiseled nose and golden eyes that complimented his white hair and lastly, plump lips. "You look quite a lady-killer yourself? Still single?" Shina joked, crossing her arms and stared at him.

'Yup, that's a lady-killer.' Airama chuckled. Airama's appearance didn't changed at all. She has her figure and appearance that looked like her brother, Hashirama. But like the author said, with boobs.

"I'm not single, I vow my life to my beloved." Gin courageously said, putting his hand to his heart. "I wonder who might that be." Shina bluntly said, which caused Gin to look at her with a brow raised. "What? You jealous?"
"Usagi-san might explode." Shina said as she neared herself to a riverbank, followed by Gin who wore a suprised look.
"How'd you know?" Gin asked, covering his face with a mask in case bandits would come.
"You wouldn't let go of her ever since we travelled to this part of the forest." That made Gin silent. Shina looked at him and saw a soft smile on his face.

All of a sudden, clanks of kunai and shuriken were heard. A huge fireball came from the direction they were in.

The two immediately sprinted as Shina wore her fox mask. They sprinted to their campsite and saw bandits. They weren't any normal bandits. They had a huge amount of chakra in their systems, they came from the village of the mist.
"We got ANBU from Konoha." A young boy with a mask of a tracker ninja, said. His appearance was tied in a bun with a white net.
"The Red Fox also."

"Wind Style: Great Wind Breakthrough!/ Fire Style: Great Fireball Jutsu!" Itachi and Shina did their handsigns and chanted out their jutsu. The mist nin went behind the Tracker nin.
As the fog cleared up, a row of ice mirrors appeared and the masked boy as its reflection.
'Kekkei Genkai. It's quite unique.'

Her Munaqsri art is useless in this battle right now, Shina thought. My Taijutsu is my best right now.
The masked boy in each mirror threw dozens of kunais.

"Sharingan!"

Itachi used his kunai and deflected it some of it, some were going to the others area.
Nico got hit.

She hissed in pain as clutched on her bleeding leg.
"Hold still!" Shina immediately had her beside a tree. She placed her and did summoning hand signs and slammed her hand to the ground.

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu!"

It was no other than Kurama himself, who was a size of a human.

"Cover me?" Shina pleaded the fox.

Kurama could only scoff as he broke one of the mirrors with claws.
"No way! A nine-tail summoning?!" A scaredy ninja who's older than the boy who made the mirrors, cowered behind him.
"Humans like you are simply cowards."

Shina's hands illuminated green as she healed her teammate's leg. The wound started to close up with its blood going back where it once was.
"Try not to jump too often, alright?" Shina said before her figure disappeared to the battle.

Shina's shoulders suddenly drop as blood drained from her face. The smell of blood were evident and wafted in her nose.
Little did she know, she didn't catch the growing smirk on her face.

The people from the mist were brutal ninjas.

Usagi and Gin were on the floor, their souls already left from their bodies. Itachi wasn't in the best condition. His eyes were bleeding, his breathing was ragged, his heart was beating fast and he was sweating more than usual. Shina's eyes searched for any wounds evident on his body. There was a scratch, with poison pouring out of it.

Kurama was doing his best, taking chakra from his victims body. There were more ninjas that weren't on sight.

Itachi was fighting all on his own.

"Water Style: Water Bullet!" Water bullets were heading towards Itachi. Shina acted fast. "Earth Style: Mud Wall!"
An earth wall covered Itachi.

"Itachi, rest your eyes. I'll handle the rest." Shina nonchalantly said, removing her braid and letting all her hair free. "--But.."

"Just rest!" Shina closed her eyes as black surrounded her eyes. A line of black extended to her cheekbones and was given whiskers.

Kurama paused and smirked at his student. "About time."

"I'll handle things from here."