Chapter 14 - Team Ro

Alright, mint ppl. I'mma take a huge time skip right heree~ So, Itachi is an ANBU captain and Shina already masters Sage Art. Soo.. Yeehh~

~| Six years later |~

The trip towards Konoha wasn't silent as Shina thought. Shina was already thirteen years old, already hitting the stage of puberty. Which meant she has a chest and wider hips. Her hair was going lighter than expected. As Airama said, it was going white when Shina visits the Gate. Shina didn't mind it.

The gates were in Shina's view. Shina ran, leaving Jiraiya behind. "Wait! I can't run a lot!" Jiraiya panted, wheezing and catching his breath, holding on to a log. "You're getting old, Ero-sennin." Shina snorts, holding her hand to her mouth, stifling laughs as she did so. Jiraiya's ego skyocketed to the universe. "I am the most handsome man you have ever seen in your life. For the record, I'm not old." Jiraiya flipped his white forest of hair. Shina cackled loudly, holding her stomach. Jiraiya looked at her, weirdly. "Yeah, right. The most handsome man in the word is Papa." Shina proudly boasted and blew a raspberry.

They entered the gates, welcoming themselves because the twins were asleep at their post. Shina teleported to the Hokage Office with Jiraiya.

Swoosh!

"I was expecting you." The Hokage calmly reacted at Shina's sudden entrance. There he was, his kage hat with the fire symbol. His fine robes covered him. His wrinkles were more clear on his forehead. His earthly voice held authority. Shina smiled sheepishly, "I'm back..?"
Hiruzen let out a deep sigh, rubbing his temples out of stress, considering how many paperwork was piled on the desk.
  "Explain."
  "It's better if Ero-sennin explains, he kidnapped me." Shina nonchalantly said, pointing at the said man. Jiraiya let out an exaggerated gasp and dropped his jaw to the ground. "EXCUSE ME--"

"Just pass by~" Shina said and snickered. Hiruzen nodded and placed his tipped hat on the desk. "Jiraiya.."

He sighed.

~|《》|~

"So? What's next?" Jiraiya crossed his arms, waiting for his teacher's response.

"For Shina's age, she's supposed to be on her last year. But, since you took her on a five-year training mastering sage art, I'll hand you the position as Jonin." Hiruzen said as he tapped the table. Immediately, four ANBU members teleported into the room.
"You called us, Hokage-sama?" A deep voice came from the weasel mask. It was the leader who spoke, Shina assumed.
"Tachi, I will give you and your team a mission regarding on the bandits the Jonins encountered. I think you can handle it." Hiruzen gave the paper to 'Tachi', who accepted it.
"This will be your test if you're worthy of becoming Jonin." Hiruzen added before dismissing them.
"I wish you luck."

~|• •|~

The day was shining, even at an early sunrise at six. Shina was in her own apartment, fixing her hair in a braid. Straightening her brandly new ninja outfit, she engages a conversation with Kushina.
"I have hope that you will be the best jonin there is in Konoha." Kushina said. She holds her hand with her daughter, who responds by tightening her grip in her mother's hand.
"I miss you a lot. Mom." Shina croaked from her already sick throat, choking back sobs. Kushina caresses her light red hair, desperate for her daughter's embrace.
"Me and Minato love you too. Don't forget that, we will be with you and Naruto." Kushina said, slowly disappearing in the living world.

Wiping away her tears, she went to her little kitchen and made some simple Onigiri. It was topped with extra seaweed and meat. She bit on it as her sadness subsided. The past won't be gone if you're stuck in it, thinking about it.
Starting anew was what Shina and her parents wanted.