Chapter 29 - The Kuroikage's Future

"I'm glad you did this for the village." Hanako, one of the village elders who was very short for an elder, possibly around the Tsuchikage's height. She wore the traditional long kimono and had her now sliver hair in a bun with a gold hairpin. She looked like those neighborhood grandma's who shared gingerbread cookies to the children. Shina and the village elders, including Hanako, were in the conference room in the village hidden in the smoke. The village elders were sitting a U-shaped table with Shina just right behind the doors to the room. Both of the elders had their attendants by their sides.

Hanako frowned, "Although I feel guilty for making you leave your birthplace." She looked down at the table. Hoyuki, another village elder with a short temper who remained calm with the situation. He wore a blue long kimono and had his spectacles in on the bridge of his nose.

  He then said with a hoarse voice, "She chose to do this. " Hoyuki looked at Shina, his eyes softened at the look at the redhead. Shina gave the old man a closed-eyed smile.

  "Both of us will help you in your duties as the Chief, Shina." Hoyuki said, leaning his head on his hand.

  "I can't remain short-tempered forever. I don't wanna look old yet." He said, fanning himself with the fan in hand.

"Well then, I should do the preparations for the ceremony." Hanako stood up, her torso slightly bending forward, holding her cane. Hanako's attendant, Kiyoko, helped her get into a carpet being levitated by chakra strings. Hanako looked at Shina. Hoyuki then stood up with his cane in hand.

"I'm sure you have seen the Exorcism Unit. You should be able to see them on the room to the left." Hoyuki said before waving his hand off, leaving with his own attendant, Mamoru. Shina nodded, waving both the elders goodbye.

Walking a few steps towards the left room, she knocked and poked her head in. She saw Allen and Lavi just conversing around.

"Umm.." Shina mumbled. The two boys turned their head to the door and saw the future village chief poking her head through the door.

  Allen smiled, "Good morning, Yondaime-sama!" Allen greeted the redhead, who fully opened the door and waved at them.

"Good Morning, Allen-san." She greeted the white-haired male. She turns her head at Lavi, who gave her a grin.

  "Good Morning, Lavi-san.." She softly smiled at the boy. She took a good look at him. Lavi was a tall, handsome, and well-built young man with fairly light skin. He has longish, red hair and tends to wear it up in a bandanna, and green almond-shaped eyes that are slightly angled downwards (drooping eyes). His eyebrows have a particular shape (kind of pointed up). He is constantly seen wearing an eyepatch over his right eye and is still wearing an eyepatch. She was caught staring by Lavi, who was just looking at her face. Lavi smirked,

  "Y'know, you should take a picture. It lasts longer."He said, putting his hands behind his head. Shina shook her head.

"Nah, I've already looked at your face long enough." She waved it off.

"I expect you to be in the office after lunch." She said, pushing her long hair over her shoulder.

Lavi and Allen smiled. "Yessir." And she then left with the door behind her back.

She was walking towards the office in a calm posture. Calm enough to thank herself internally for doing a self-tour around the place. She opened the door inwards the office. It was dark, so she turned the switch just beside the door. She took in the time to examine the office. The walls were pastel green. The wall opposite of the door had a doorway to her left and saw walls of bookshelves, possibly files and citizen information along with some missions that have been finished. Beside of the doorway was the desk and a chair behind the desk and a painting of Kemuri behind the desk. The left wall was a window facing Kemuri with its cherry blossomed gate and the village itself. the left side of the wall were some cabinets for storage. Shina walked forward and turned to see the pictures of Namae-sama, Indra-sama and a relative of Hanako-san's, who was the recent chief.