Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine
"A small leave of absence, he called it. In the human world this would be a SUSPENSION! In the first class, too!"

I tried not to laugh at how ridiculous Saxon looks. His face is scrunched up into a scowl as he paces in front of the spot that I am sitting on my bed. Cameron is in the corner, silently laughing at the scene. He told Saxon he needed to stay so that he could "help Saxon with the scolding." As if.

"What is the queen going to say when she finds out? You are going to that class to learn how to defend yourself, not throw an apple at a girls face when she makes you mad," Saxon growled, finally stopping his pacing so he could glare at me.

I tried to protest, but he held a hand up to silence me.

"You are to be queen one day, and you cannot just act out when something does not go your way. You will learn how to act rationally and think before you make decisions or so help me god, Freya, I will slaughter you myself," Saxon seethed.

"But-"

"No. I don't care if this person killed your dog. You will act like a queen at all times and be rational about what you do. I will go work on getting your suspension lifted. Expect for me to pick you up in two hours so that I can get you caught up on what you are missing today. In the meantime, stay here. Do not move," and with that, Saxon stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. I tried not to flinch as the noise echoed, but...

Cameron whistled, his eyes widening. He picked himself off of the wall and came to stand in front of me.

"I have never seen that guy get so angry before. I should start taking notes," Cameron informed me.

I groaned and fell back onto the bed, grabbing a pillow so I could throw it over my face.

"Awe, cheer up princess," Cameron teased.

This only made me groan more. Usually I am proud of my temper. Today, I feel like it failed me. The look of disappointment in Saxon's face will forever be burned into the back of my mind. He seems like the kind of guy that controls his emotions rather well, and today he seemed to lose them. I made him like that. All because of an entitled girl who thinks she is better than everyone else. Though, it was a bit worth it after seeing the look of pure joy on Amilia's face. That will be burned in the back of my mind too.

"Would you want to practice on me?"

I startled, almost forgetting Cameron was in the room. We had been sitting in silence for a while before he spoke up. I tilted my head in his direction and scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion.

"I mean, with developing your powers? Would you want to try practicing on me?"

Yeah, that doesn't sound dangerous at all. What if I hurt him, or worse? The last thing I need right now is to hurt him and make everything worse. Who knows what would happen then. Would my mother decide I wasn't worth the trouble? Rowan said every kingdom already has their own heir. Does that mean they don't really need me? The thought of having to go back to my old life sent my stomach tumbling. Going from a life like this back to my old life would be devastating.

Cameron must have saw the direction my thoughts were going and laughed outright. "Princess, you don't know how to control your powers. You haven't even been able to do anything since you used Telekinesis at dinner. Trust me, you will not be able to hurt me."

I nodded, trying not to let that sting. I know he is right, but still. It sucks to know you are supposed to be some queen prodigy, yet you are anything but. Whatever, I need to stop feeling sorry for myself. I know from experience that it will not help. I just need to pick my head up and show this boy what I am made of.