Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve
I walk down an empty corridor. No windows or paintings hung on the walls. Just an empty hallway with blood red walls and hardwood floor.

I wiggled my toes, not liking the feeling of the cold floor against them. A cold breeze wafted through the room making the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I shivered, though I am not sure if it was because of the cold or the fact that there was a breeze in a room with no windows.

The lights began to flicker, making me spin around. Damn it, this is totally a scene from a horror movie. I am going to die. This is it. This is the end.

I backed myself against one of the walls, that way nothing could pop up behind me. When my back made contact, the wall began to shift and change before melting away entirely. In its place were millions of hands, grabbing at me, touching and holding on tight. I screamed bloody murder as I was pulled into the wall. As I did so, one of the larger hands covered my mouth, muffling the scream.

I was pulled into a pitch black room. I kicked and bit but it was no use. It was like my captors could not feel the pain I was inflicting on them. They threw me into a chair, making me gasp. All of a sudden metal things came out of the chair and clamped onto my hands and legs. I struggled against the hold, but it was no use.

All I could hear was Sebastian's evil laugh somewhere close by. It got closer and closer until it was in my ear. All of a sudden tape was ripped off of my mouth. Tape I don't even remember getting on my mouth in the first place. I closed my eyes and turned away from the direction the laughter was coming form.

"Don't be afraid," Sebastian's voice whispered. "This will only hurt a little bit."

Then a knife was jammed into my side, making me scream. Pain surrounded my body, filling my very being with fire. The stinging did not go away. It only got worse when the knife was pulled out. I slowly looked at the wound. But instead of blood seeping out of me, insects crawled out of it. Mounds upon mounds of insects.

They crawled out of the stab wound and down my body, crawling to the floor. Then the knife was slashing everywhere. Searing hot pain erupted from every part of my body. I felt the pressure of the insects crawling out of the wound and up my body, even crawling into other opened wounds. I felt faint.

Then Sebastian was laughing again. I found myself looking in his direction, despite everything in me fighting it. There, standing in front of me, was not Sebastian. It was Rowan, his normally bright green eyes a deep red that are lit with excitement.

"Oh, little Freya. You are so naive," he murmured, letting the knife trail lightly down my face, just hard enough to draw blood. This time, it was real blood.

I looked down, noticing that all the insects were gone, along with all of the previously infected wounds.

"Do you know what I'm going to do to you," he questioned, walking closer to me.

I tried to speak, but found that I had no voice. Instead, I opted to spit in his face. He let it hit him, laughing as it did. Then, before I could even blink, he was straddling me and the knife was at my throat.

"Now, that wasn't very nice," he informed me, tsking as if he was scolding a small child. "Are you going to answer my question?"

I tried to speak again, but the words just weren't coming to me. I narrowed my eyes at him. He tilted his head to the side before realization dawned on him.

"Ah, you can't speak. Well, no matter. I'll just tell you," Rowan looked at me, his face cold and menacing. Any trace of humanity I had seen in his face when we first met is gone. "I'm going to hurt you. Again and again and again. And when you are finally about to die, I'm going to heal you so that I can do it all over again. Doesn't that sound fun?"