Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Nine
I ducked as a ball of fire came straight for my head. I refused to let the heat deter me, refused to let myself hesitate like I used to.

I redirected the fire so that it would come towards my opponent instead. She wasn't expecting it, and it hit her smack in the face. It can't burn her of course, but it momentarily caught her off guard. It was all I needed to tackle and pin her to the ground.

"Nice job, Freya. You're getting very good at using others powers against them," Ms. Scion informed me.

I nodded in thanks and leaned down to help the girl up. She took my hand gratefully. Once she was standing on her feet, she turned to grin at me.

"Ms. Scion is right. You're getting really good."

"Thanks," I beamed.

I willed my water bottle to come to me from a tree across the clearing. It came to my hand immediately. I took a nice long swig, enjoying how cool it was against my warm throat.

"How does it feel, having the day you leave so close," Amilia questioned as she came up beside me to drink some of my water.

I sighed. "I'm dreading it. I know what my decision is going to be, I don't understand why the council needs me to go there at all. It's just going to put me behind all this progress I have made."

"I'm sure you'll be able to practice there. Just take the time away as a well needed vacation. Everything will be fine," Amilia encouraged me after a long swig of water.

"Yeah I guess you're right. I just really don't want to go."

"It'll be fine, Freya. Besides, demon boys are sexy as hell. At least you'll have eye candy while you're there," Selene budded in, wiggling her eyebrows.

Amilia gasped and playfully shoved Selene. "Those are our enemies!"

Selene grinned "I know, but that doesn't mean they can't be good to look at every once in a while."

I shook my head at the two and left them to bicker. I don't have time for that. I need to go to my lessons with Saxon. He asked me to come early, right after magic training. He said we have a lot to go over now that I leave in less than a month.

I slowly made my way to my bedroom, not really in the mood to go from one magic training to another.

"What's got you so glum," Cameron questioned, bumping his shoulders with mine.

"I'm just tired. I'm not really in the mood for another round of magic training," I informed him, shrugging my shoulders to show that it's not a big deal.

Cameron nodded. "I know, I'm sorry. But you leave in less than a month."

I sighed. "Don't remind me."

"Oh c'mon, It won't be so bad. I'll be there."

My ears perked up at that and I paused. "You're coming with me?"

Cameron nodded. "The queen told the council she would not send you there by yourself. They agreed to let your guard come with. And that's me."

Relief coursed through me. I was so worried about being alone in an unfamiliar place. At least now I'll have him.

"Thank God."

Cameron grinned and tapped his shoulder with mine in affection. Once we were at my door, my happiness went away and I sighed heavily.

"Here we go again."

I opened my bedroom door, and the first thing I noticed was how dark it was. My room never has all the lights off. My whole body tensed, already not liking this.