explosion {15}

Reader's POV

Edeth eventually got better and a huge weight was lifted from Emily's shoulder. Aaron and Emily decided to wait a little to go visit her mother when they had time off together.

Ringing on the night stand woke Emily and Aaron up at 4 in the morning, "Hotchner, [...] okay, I'll be right there, call the others. [...] I'll tell her." He hung up the phone and turned to Emily, "We have a case, how soon do you think Jade could be here?"

"I'm not sure, I'll call her." Emily felt bad for having to call Jade at 4 am to babysit, but that's the price you pay when you have to save lives. "Hi Jade, do you think you could come and babysit? [...] Oh, thank you so much! I'll see you in a few." Emily walked to her closet to pick a blouse, she decided on a simple red blouse and black pants. "Jade will be here soon, I'm gonna go make coffee." Hotch nodded signaling he heard her and she went downstairs.

A few minutes later there was a knock at the door, "Jade, thank you, again."

"It's really no problem at all." She smiled. Jade is a beautiful young women, she is dark skinned with beautiful curly brown hair that sits on her shoulders, her eyes are as green as emeralds, and she is about the same height as Emily.

"You can sleep in my room, I know it's still early. Edeth might sleep a little later than Alex today, they were both up pretty late last night, so they should sleep in today."

"Okay and thank you." Jade smiled to Emily.

"You're welcome." Emily smiled back. Usually Emily would yell to Aaron up the stairs, but since it was so early and the kids weren't awake she decided against it. He soon came down the stairs and Emily went up them, she grabbed her gun and credentials from her night stand. She ran back downstairs and Hotch was waiting at the door for her. She slipped her boots on, grabbed her keys and purse and they walked out of their apartment after thanking Jade again.

•••

"Seven year old, Gina Venice was abducted late last night in Chicago, Illinois. She was out with her family and went to the bathroom, on her way back, she was abducted." JJ said, "The same thing happened to 4 other girls, all the same age; Kyleigh Washington, Ana Castillo, Jenna White, and Lilly Johnson. Our unsub tortures and rapes these girl for 3 days and kills them."

"This unsub has to be skilled to abduct the girls in public places. Do the victims look alike?" Reid questioned.

Penelope clicked the remote and pictures of the 5 girls appeared, "No, they're all different ethnicities."

Morgan furrowed his eyebrows, "Maybe he's targeting seven year old females in general. It could have something to do with, a sister, cousin, his daughter, or maybe just something that happened to him and it involved a seven year old female."

"What do you mean?" Hotch asked.

Derek thought for a moment, "Something could've happened when he was younger, like a seven year old girl bullied him or sexually harassed him."

"But would a seven year old sexually harasse someone? They would've had to been exposed from a parent or sibling, maybe even a teacher of some sort." Emily chimed in, "That could explain why he rapes them, but why torture?"

"He wants the girls to feel how he felt, feel the pain of what he had to live with. Even if it was just for a short amount of time, he wanted them to be humiliated, frightened." Rossi said.

Reid thought for a moment, "If something like that happend, he probably didn't see the girl, think about it; if that happened, he would've known what she looked like and he'd be going after a specific looking girl, not random ones."