Chapter Five: Adjusting to a New Life

Waking up in Lord Ramos’ bedroom, Eliza licked her lips as she realised that she was alone in the bed; sitting up slowly, the blonde rested a hand gently on her stomach.

There was no doubt in Eliza’s mind that she had fallen pregnant that night, it was the only way that Sergio would have left her alone so soon after their marriage and its consummation.

Tears pooled in her eyes as she realised that she would bear a child for the werewolf that she had been forced to marry to keep her father safe.

Closing her brown eyes, Eliza held the bed sheet to her chest as she tried to calm herself; she knew that this was her life now and she was going to have to get used to it.

The blonde ran a hand through her hair, the left side of her neck ached where he had bitten her and left his mark; she winced as she ran a hand over the mark that was still tender.

“You okay?” Sergio asked making the blonde jump as she turned to look at him; he chuckled softly as he moved back to her side and nuzzled her neck softly.

“I know you aren’t happy with this Eliza… but give me a chance,” Sergio murmured as he kissed down her neck, he wanted his wife not to hate him; he knew that this had been sprung on her at the last moment but he didn't expect her parents to keep her in the dark for so long about their impending marriage.

The blonde closed her eyes as Sergio wrapped his arms around her waist, deep down he knew that he had gotten her pregnant and he wanted to ensure that he didn't have a wife that hated him for it.

“I don’t hate you… I’m upset with my parents but not with you,” Eliza said softly making Sergio nod as he nuzzled her neck again.

The blonde felt her breathing catch as he nudged against the mark that he had left on her neck; she hadn’t realised how sensitive it would be when he touched it.

“How about this… you choose anywhere in the world for our honeymoon,” Sergio murmured as he kissed down her neck, he felt her still as his hands caressed her stomach; he couldn't wait for her to start showing.

The blonde bit her lip as she felt him brush against her back, she wasn’t sure what he was expecting to achieve by offering this to her.

“Why?” Eliza asked as she turned to face him, she tilted her head gently to the left as she looked at him confused; the werewolf smirked before he claimed her lips in a kiss.

“It’s my way of making you feel comfortable… you’re my wife, I can’t have you hating me,” Sergio said gently, Eliza felt something inside of her plead for her to give him a chance.

***

“You’re what?” Nicole screeched over the phone, Eliza sighed as she walked through the manor’s gardens, she had called her best friend knowing that Nicole would be worried when her parents returned to Andorra today and she didn't.

“Honestly Nicole… I had no idea until I was here,” Eliza said softly, she was wearing a black body with scoop neck and mocha tailored shorts that she had paired with black slouch knee high boots.

She heard Nicole sigh frustrated before she demanded to know what had happened; Eliza sighed as she slowly started to recount back to Nicole, what had happened since she had arrived in Seville; the blonde sighed relieved when she finished it felt like a weight had been lifted from her chest when she finished her story.

“They seriously did that…” Nicole said making Eliza nod, she saw the brunette as her sister, she had never been more than a few miles from her and they were always together.

“I can’t believe they did that to you,” Nicole said still in shock from Eliza’s announcement.

“I know… I have a feeling that they’ve known for months about this,” Eliza said as she glanced behind her; she knew that Natasha was following her at a distance and there was no doubt in mind that Sergio was watching her from back at the house.

“God… I can’t believe this,” Nicole muttered as Eliza wrapped an arm around herself while she continued to hold her mobile to her ear with the other.

The blonde took a deep breath as she ducked out of sight behind one of the many bushes in the garden, she didn't know what it was but she wanted some privacy right now.

“I know… I’m now married to a werewolf,” Eliza said as she felt something pull on her connection to Sergio, she knew that he would be upset that he could no longer see her; he’d asked her to stay in view of the house when she’d asked to take a walk.

“Christ… you get married before me and now you’re probably knocked up as well,” Nicole said making Eliza sigh as she continued to walk behind the large bush so that she couldn't be seen by anyone back at the house.

***

After promising to come to Nicole’s wedding next month, Eliza walked back to the manor; she glanced at Natasha who looked at her nervously as she headed back to her bedroom.

The blonde knew that Sergio wouldn’t be far, he’d want to talk to her about her little disappearing act in the garden sooner or later; she wondered how he would take her asking to travel back to Andorra for her best friend’s wedding.

“You disappeared,” said Sergio making the blonde jump as she turned to face him, she hadn’t expected him to already be inside of her room waiting for her.

Licking her lips nervously, Eliza swallowed as she watched him approach her; it was like he was stalking his prey and made her feel uncomfortable.

“I’m sorry,” Eliza murmured as she stepped back away from him, Sergio sighed as he ran a hand through his short brown hair; his brown eyes tracing her body for a moment as if to see she was okay. Eliza shifted nervously as she tried to hide her embarrassment before Sergio spoke.

“I asked you to stay in view Eliza… it’s hard for me right now to be parted from you,” he murmured as he pulled her to him.

The blonde gasped lightly as she felt her connection with Sergio spring to life, the werewolf nuzzled her gently; he had tried to be easy on her, he knew that this was all still new to her.

When the arrangement of their marriage had been made, Sergio had asked to meet Eliza before their wedding; he wanted to be able to get to know her beforehand, however as time went on Tanya and Brendan had offered him excuse after excuse about why he couldn't met his future mate.

It wasn’t until she had arrived for the wedding that he had learnt that they hadn’t even told Eliza, why she was here or anything about him; he felt horrible that she’d had the wedding dropped on her like it had been.

“I know…” the blonde said as she nodded her head slightly, she was still adjusting to this and she knew that it wasn’t easy on either of them.

“I’ll try… just give me time,” Eliza said softly making Sergio nod, he nuzzled his head against hers as he wrapped his arms her, that was all that he could ask her to do for him.

As long as Eliza was willing to give him an honest chance, and that was all that he could ask for; he wanted to prove that this was right that their marriage would work.