Chapter Ten: The First Signs

Eliza swallowed hard as moved away from the toilet, she rested her head against the wall as she tried to calm her stomach; she was now four weeks pregnant and the first signs of her pregnancy to Sergio were starting to appear.

Eliza brushed some hair away from her sweat forehead as she closed her eyes and took some deep breathes, she didn’t have to open her eyes to see that Sergio had entered the room.

“You okay?” he asked her as he offered her a glass of cold water, he tilted his head concerned as he watched her as she swallowed again.

Eliza opened her brown eyes and nodded her head as she looked at him, she took the water gratefully as Sergio moved to sit down next to her; he brushed away some more hair that was stuck to her forehead.

“I’ve been better,” Eliza admitted as she looked at him, she knew that he was worried about her but he knew that what she was going through was normal; he watched her as she sipped on the cold water.

“I hate morning sickness,” the blonde said making Sergio chuckle as he watched her, he ran a hand through her hair; he knew that she was progressing well in her pregnancy to him.

Eliza sighed as she set down the glass of water that she had, she was already starting to show a small bump where her unborn child was; she had a couple of questions that she hadn’t thought of before.

“This pregnancy won’t be human will be it?” Eliza asked making Sergio shake his head, he had forgotten that she didn't come from werewolf blood and wouldn’t be used to what was happening to her.

Sergio watched his wife for a moment, a smile forming on his face as his gaze lingered on the small bump that she now carried; he couldn't wait for her to start showing a little more.

“It’ll be a little different from a human pregnancy… it’ll be over in twenty weeks instead of forty,” Sergio said making Eliza swallow when she realised what this meant; the child inside of her would grow a lot faster than any human baby.

Sergio moved to rest a hand on the small swell of her stomach, he smiled as he felt a small movement which made Eliza choke as she realised what it was.

“The baby if it’s a boy will have a lot of wolf tendencies for the first month or two,” Sergio said as he watched his wife, she nodded her head as she listened to what he said; he pushed up her purple blouse with detail front and drop neck so that he could rest a hand on her bare stomach.

Eliza watched him as she felt him brush his fingers against her skin, she shivered softly making Sergio chuckle as he watched her.

“I’m not going to kiss you or anything until you ask me to,” he reminded her making Eliza nod her head as she held back a groan as she realised that it had been weeks since he had last kissed her.

***

Eliza licked her lips as she walked towards Sergio’s office where she knew he would be, it had slipped her mind in the last week or two and she had only just remembered that her friend was getting married in a couple of weeks.

Eliza was dressed in a purple blouse with detail front and drop and black peg trousers with pleat front paired with black patent flatform shoes; since she had been relaxing for most of the day in one of the manor’s libraries.

Eliza flashed a smile as she approached Jorge, who quickly moved to hold open the door to the office, which he had just exited; Eliza nodded at him as she stepped inside before he closed the door behind her.

Sergio looked up from the paperwork that he had been working on, he watched his wife confused for a moment before he dismissed Edward; who nodded his head and left the couple alone.

“What are we doing the 20th of August?” Eliza asked making Sergio look at her confused as she slowly approached him, she watched him for a moment as she stopped in front of him; her brown eyes searching his.

“Nothing,” Sergio replied wondering where she was going with this, he watched her as he brushed some hair from her face; he loved how she looked now that her pregnancy was making itself known.

“Eliza, you can ask me anything,” Sergio said as he noticed her shifting nervously, he cupped her face as his eyes searched hers; he didn't know what she was thinking but he wanted to give her the world.

Eliza swallowed as her eyes stayed locked with Sergio’s, she couldn't deny the chemistry between them and it was getting stronger.

Shaking her head at the thoughts of giving in and asking him to kiss her, that wasn’t what she had come here for and she wasn’t going to allow her decision to be clouded by her emotions.

“My friend, Nicole, is getting married… I completely forgot until before that she asked me to go,” Eliza said making Sergio chuckle as he moved closer to his wife, he nuzzled his head against hers; he wasn’t going to say no to her, he doubted that he would be able to.

***

Getting ready for bed that night, Eliza brushed her hair as she looked at herself in the mirror, she couldn't believe how much of a glow that she seemed to have as her pregnancy started to show.

“What do you want for your birthday?” Sergio asked making her pause and look at him, she stared at him a little taken back as she realised that her birthday was coming up in a couple of weeks.

Sergio laughed as he wrapped his arms around her, he rested his head against hers as he watched her in the mirror; he forgot that he knew more about her than she knew about him.

“My birthday?” Eliza asked as she turned around to face him, she watched him for a moment before she realised just how close they were standing; the blonde swallowed as she licked her lips nervously.

Sergio nodded his head as he listened to her heartbeat speed up slightly, he smiled as he realised that he had caused these changes within her; he loved that he had some sort of reaction like this from her.

“Anything you want?” Sergio said making Eliza nod her head as she tried to stop the thoughts that filled her head again; she didn't know what it was but she wasn’t sure that she was ready for these sorts of feelings. Sergio watched her for a moment as if reading her mind.

“I’m not going to kiss you or anything until you ask me to,” he said repeating his earlier words; Eliza nodded as her eyes flickered from his lips and back to his eyes.

The blonde didn't know what was going on but it was like she couldn't cope anymore without him touching her.

“Kiss me,” Eliza said making Sergio stare at her, for a moment the werewolf wasn’t sure if he had heard his wife right before she said it again, Sergio watched her for a moment before he moved to cup her face.

Eliza’s breathing hitched as she wrapped her arms around his neck, she knew that this was a snap decision but it felt right and she needed his lips against hers; Sergio pressed his lips to hers as she pulled him closer.

This was the first time since their wedding night that he had touched her like this, his inner wolf was thrilled at finally being able to touch his mate after so long.