Chapter Six: The Honeymoon

Eliza wasn’t sure why Sergio having a private jet had surprised her when they had arrived at the San Pablo Airport for their flight to their honeymoon in the Maldives; but it had, she wasn’t used to living a life of luxury and Sergio’s willingness to spend.

The thirteen and a half hour trip from Seville to the Niyama Maldives Hotel had been spent on two separate planes; the first for the flight to the Maldives via private jet, while the second had been on a water plane to their hotel from the airport.

The blonde was wearing lace overly bodycon dress paired with black studded caged sandals and a brown two pocket shoulder bag and black retro sunglasses.

Taking her sunglasses off, the blonde sighed as she listened to her husband dismiss the security that had accompanied them on their honeymoon; she slipped her sunglasses into her bag before Sergio approached her.

“How are you feeling?” Sergio asked as he brushed her hair away from her neck and kissed the exposed skin softly, making Eliza close her eyes; she felt exhausted and she knew that there was no hiding it from him.

“Tired… but I’m okay,” Eliza said making Sergio nod as she turned to face him, the two had been married a week and the blonde was still adjusting to the fact that this was her life now.

Sergio nodded as his eyes searched hers, he knew that there wasn’t really much of a baby growing inside of her yet but he wanted her to take things easy.

“Why don’t you go and rest for a while,” Sergio said as pulled away from her, he knew that there was still a while to go before their embryo became a baby; he wanted Eliza to warn up to him in her own time and he hoped that she’d be comfortable when their child was born.

Staring at Sergio slightly confused Eliza nodded her head before she moved away and disappeared in the direction of the master bedroom; she knew that Sergio wanted her to warm to him, but she didn't know how to.

Stepping into the master bedroom, Eliza was pleased to see her suitcase was already in the room; she wasn’t sure that she wanted to ask Sergio to bring it up for her, since things were weird between them.

The blonde sat down on the bed, she didn't know how to make things easier for him; she didn't know him and it felt odd to say that about her husband.

***

Leaning against the balcony of the villa, Eliza looked up at the sky as she watched the sunset; she had changed into a white beach kaftan after her nap and was now enjoying the warm evening breeze.

“You okay?” Sergio asked as he stood next to her, he had come to check on her since she’d slept most of the afternoon and he knew that she needed to eat at some point.

Eliza jumped slightly since she hadn’t heard him come outside, she looked at Sergio who was staring up at the sky; the blonde knew that this was the moment to start making their marriage work.

“I’m fine… just thinking about the fact this is the first holiday that I’ve taken out of Andorra,” Eliza mused making Sergio look at her, the blonde kept her eyes focused on the scenery in front of them; she knew that opening up to Sergio would make things easier for the both of them.

“Ever?” Sergio asked curiously making Eliza nod her head, she glanced at him as she realised that he was watching her.

“My parents preferred to holiday together… so they sent myself and Evan on holiday with a niñera at some ski resort,” Eliza said with a shrug, she didn't see it as a big deal since she didn't know what it was like to spend actual time with her parents; they were always too busy wrapped up in their own business unless they wanted something from her.

“So you’ve never been on a proper holiday?” Sergio said watching his wife with interest; he had been brought up family orientated and it seemed strange to him that parents wouldn’t holiday with their children.

Eliza looked at Sergio, who licked his lips this was the first time the two of them seemed relaxed when they were alone together; the blonde opened her mouth to protect but Sergio stopped her.

“I meant a family holiday…” he corrected making her close her mouth, Eliza looked away from him and back at the sunset making the werewolf want to punch himself for messing things up; he was about to apologise when she spoke.

“No, my parents were more interested in my academics than anything else,” Eliza said softly as she refused to look at Sergio, she hated to admit that her parents weren’t really involved in her life unless it was to tell her what to do; they wanted what was best for her in life.

“We’ll be better than them… our pups will want for nothing,” Sergio said softly making Eliza look at him, she almost melted at his words; they were the sweetest thing that she had ever heard.

***

That evening was spent with Sergio and Eliza talking about their childhoods; it was surprising to them to see how different the two of them had been raised.

Sergio was intrigued with his wife, he had never met anyone else like her before; Eliza didn't seem to care that he was a werewolf or rich, she had married him because she had been told to for the sake of her parents.

“So are you enjoying the Maldives?” Sergio asked making the blonde look at him; they had been enjoying dinner outside on the balcony since they had spent the last couple of hours getting to know one another slowly. Eliza brushed some hair from her face.

“It’s not what I was expecting,” she admitted making Sergio nod; the werewolf had surprised her by taking her to the Maldives for their honeymoon.

Sergio nodded as he trailed a hand down her arm, the hairs on her arms stood up as he warmed her slightly by rubbing back and forth.

“A good thing I hope, are you warm enough?” Sergio asked as he came aware how fast the temperature was dropping, he moved closer to his wife to make sure that she was warm enough.

“I’m warm enough Gracias,” Eliza reassured him as Sergio wrapped his arms around her, she knew that he was worried about her; it was one of the reasons that she was starting to warm up to him.

“Good,” Sergio said as he felt Eliza relax into his arms, he rested his head against hers; he was pleased that she was starting to come around to being his wife.

The two were silent for a while before Eliza glanced at Sergio; she didn't know what it was put watching the sky wrapped up in one another was romantic.

“I’m not going to kiss you or anything until you ask me to,” Sergio said softly making Eliza turn and look at him confused; he licked his lips as he focused on his wife, who seemed surprised at his words.

“I want you completely comfortable with me, I know the wedding and our bonding was quite forced but from now on, unless you ask me for something that I won’t force anything onto you unless it is for your protection,” Sergio explained making Eliza nod as she thought about what he was offering her. She truly hadn’t expected her arranged marriage to be like this.