Chapter Nine: This is Your Role

Sergio didn't really speak with Eliza as they travelled home from the Maldives, she didn't blame him for being angry with her; she had broken her promise and it was clear that she didn't understand what was expected of her now.

Eliza licked her lips as she followed after Jorge as they walked out of the manor and prepared to head into town; Sergio was away at a meeting and Eliza was now being thrown in the deep end of her new life.

The blonde was dressed in a white shirt dress with peplum and black pencil skirt paired with black patent court shoes, she had been told to dress nicely since she was starting her official duties as Lady Ramos alongside Lady Garcia.

“My lady,” Jorge said as he opened the door to the black Jaguar XF, he could see that the blonde was a little stunned to how Lord Ramos had been treating her but he knew that the werewolf had done it for the right reasons.

“Gracias,” Eliza said softly as she got into the car, she knew that she was going to have to learn the rules of this world; there was a lot for her to learn now that she was a Lady.

Brushing some blonde hair from her brown eyes, Eliza licked her lips as she thought about the last two weeks of her marriage to Sergio; she knew that he was trying to protect her but she wasn’t used to the life that she was now living.

Thinking of her wedding, Eliza moved her left hand to rest on her stomach as she remembered that she was pregnant; it had never completely left her mind but since she was only two weeks along it made things difficult for her.

The drive into town was silent with Jorge allowing the blonde to be consumed by her thoughts about her life and what she was going to do; she still had yet to mention to Sergio that she wished to go to her friend’s wedding in a few weeks.

Pulling up outside a restaurant, Eliza licked her lips nervously as Jorge got out of the car and moved to open her door for her; the blonde offered him a small smile as she gracefully got out of the car before she was led inside the restaurant where Lady Garcia was waiting for her.

It didn't take much to spot Lady Garcia, Eliza remembered her from the wedding and the brunette seemed to light up when she spotted her sister-in-law.

“Lady Ramos… it’s lovely to see you again,” Lady Garcia said as she moved to greet the blonde, Eliza was surprised how formal she sounded as the two of them were led into a private restaurant room by their heads of security before they were left alone.

“Sorry about that… we have to be proper in public,” Vania said making Eliza nod her head understandingly, she could understand that they had to look a certain way in public; they were royalty to the area and it was important that they acted a certain way.

***

Eliza was slightly surprised how well she got along with Vania; the brunette was very friendly and was more than willing to explain certain things to the blonde.

Vania was her husband’s childhood sweetheart and had always known that this was where she was going to end up; even now that the couple had a six year old daughter.

Eliza was also surprised how much she would have to do as Sergio’s wife, she hadn’t expected herself to have so many duties; which would increase when she had Sergio’s children.

The blonde also learnt about the geography of the Sevilla territory, which was divided between Lord Garcia, Lord Ramos and Lord Muela.

“So we’ll be meeting Lady Muela at the hospital,” Vania said making Eliza nod her head as she remembered that Lady Muela was Sergio’s sister; the blonde knew that she had been at the wedding but she didn't really remember speaking with her.

“Don’t worry… Mirian is lovely,” Vania said sensing the blonde’s nervousness; this was all still very new to her and she was being dropped in the deep end with what she was expected to do now.

“Vania it’s about time you showed up,” said a woman, who was dressed similarly to the brunette that was linking arms with Eliza; Vania rolled her eyes as she looked at the other brunette.

“I’m on time… plus I was just talking to Eliza,” Vania said making the woman look at the blonde, she stared at her for a moment before she smiled and moved to greet her; Vania held back a laugh as Mirian pulled Eliza into a surprising hug.

“I can’t believe my brother managed to find someone like you… I honestly thought he’d end up marrying Lara for a while,” Mirian said making the blonde realise who she was; she hadn’t expected both women to be this friendly, they’d seemed to snobbish when she had first met them at the wedding.

The three headed into the hospital and started towards the children’s ward, they were meeting some of the sicker patients; Eliza listening to Mirian ramble on about taking her on a shopping trip.

“Okay… let’s get down to business,” Mirian said as they reached the ward, Eliza licked her lips nervously as she looked between the two older women; she knew that this is where she had to act like a Lady and not like her usual self.

***

“It’s nice to meet you Lady Ramos,” a little girl said making Eliza smile at her, she had been left alone by Mirian and Vania, so that they could complete their own duties while she was being shown around the ward by one of the nurses.

“Hola and what is your name?” Eliza asked she felt like she was back working at the hospital in Andorra; it made her heartache seeing all of the sick children, some of who would never leave this hospital.

“My name is Valentina,” the little girl said softly making Eliza smile at her before she dismissed the nurse, Jorge shot her a look as she sat down next to the little girl; he wondered what she was up to.

“That’s a beautiful name,” Eliza said making Valentina smile at her, the blonde didn't know what was wrong with this little girl but she knew that there was something about her that made Eliza’s heartache with sadness.

“I like it as well... it’s unique,” the little girl said proudly making the blonde smile at her, she hoped that one day that she would have a daughter of her own; she’d loved to have one like Valentina.

“I don’t think I’ve ever met a Valentina before…” Eliza mused making the little girl nod her head before she started talking excitedly about her name while Eliza listened.

Jorge watched her with interest, he had to admit that he was pleasantly surprised by the blonde; he knew that there was a lot happening around her right now but she seemed to be handling it well.

When Lara had first come on the scene, she had attempted to prove that she was suited to the role of Lady Ramos; however she had never sat down and spoken with any of the patients in the hospital like Eliza had.

Lara was only interested in the power that came with the position of Lord Ramos’ wife, she didn't care for the people like Eliza did and Jorge was grateful that the werewolf had chosen to marry the blonde instead of Lara.