Chapter Eight: Breaking Promises

Eliza sighed bored as she leant back on the couch, she was wearing lime crop top with long sleeves and high waisted denim shorts paired with blue denim wedge sandals; she had been stuck in the villa since Lord Hassan had made himself known.

Eliza knew that Sergio was worried about the sudden movement in the area and he was doing his best to protect her but she was sick of being stuck inside.

Eliza looked around as she listened for any sign of sound around the house before she sat up and wondered what would happen if she stepped outside alone for a while.

The blonde listened for another moment before she pushed herself to her feet, she knew that she had promised Sergio that she would stay inside but she didn't know if she could stay here anymore.

Carefully getting to her feet, Eliza licked her lips as she made sure that she didn't make any noise as she prepared to sneak out of the house; she couldn't just sit around locked inside while it was sunny outside and her husband was missing.

Eliza slipped out of the villa carefully as she made sure not to alert the security team of her plans to head out on her own; she was sick of the security detail that followed her everywhere.

The blonde grinned to herself as she found herself a little away from the villa, she knew that she would have to be careful since if Sergio discovered she’d left the holiday villa alone then there would be trouble.

Eliza started to walk down the beach enjoying the sun that warmed her skin; she had miss being able to do things on her own without having the security follow her around.

***

The next hour Eliza spent enjoying the sun of the Maldives, she brushed some sand of her bum as she stood and stretched; she knew that it was time for her to head back to the villa.

Turning around to start her walk back, Eliza jumped when she saw a man watching her with interest, a smirk settled on his lips as the blonde shifted nervously as she realised that he wasn’t human.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Lady Ramos,” the man said as he moved closer to Eliza, who swallowed as she realised that this was Lord Hassan; he smirked as he moved closer to her as if testing what would happen. Eliza licked her lips as she stepped back away from him.

“I have to admit that when I heard that Lord Ramos had married I was surprised,” Lord Hassan said making the blonde wondered what she was going to do to get away from him.

The werewolf smirked as he moved closer to Eliza, the blonde shifting nervously as his eyes darkened and she realised that she was in a lot of trouble.

However it was at that moment that there was a snarl making Eliza still while Lord Hassan paled as he backed away from Eliza; Sergio was here and he didn't look happy.

Eliza watched as her husband moved to her side, he glanced at her for a moment before turning his attention to the other werewolf; his security team stood off to the side watching the two werewolves.

“Lord Hassan,” Sergio said making Eliza lick her lips as he moved in front of her so that the rival wolf couldn't see her; it was clear that they were going to have a nice long talk when they returned home.

“Jorge would you take Lady Ramos back to the villa,” Sergio said glancing at his head of security, who nodded his head before he moved to collect Eliza, who looked at Sergio as if wanting to stay by his side.

However even Jorge could see that the two male werewolves weren’t going to talk this out peacefully; Sergio had warned Lord Hassan to stay away from his wife and it was clear that the other werewolf had overstepped his boundaries.

Eliza opened her mouth to protest as Jorge reached for her, but Sergio snarled making her fall silent; the blonde stared at him for a moment before she allowed Jorge to lead her away.

Sergio listened to Jorge leading his mate away as he glared at Lord Hassan, he couldn't believe that Eliza had gone back on her word; she could have been killed or worse and he couldn't believe that she had been so stupid.

“I warned you Lord Hassan,” Sergio snarled making the werewolf in front of him, he had done everything in his power to protect Eliza while they were here on their honeymoon; she just didn't understand how much her life had changed now.

“I wanted to see if the rumours were true,” Lord Hassan said smugly as he watched the Sevillian werewolf; he had heard about Sergio taking a mate but he had wanted to see for himself.

Snarling in warning, Sergio watched the older werewolf smirk; he knew that he would have to speak with Eliza when he returned home about just how much her life was going to change from now on.

“She’s a beautiful mate Lord Ramos,” Lord Hassan said making Sergio frown, he knew what this meant for the honeymoon and he wasn’t going to let this happen again.

***

Biting her lip nervously as she listened to Sergio order his security team to prepare for their trip home, Eliza stood quietly as she waited for him to speak with her.

The blonde knew that she had broken her promise and that he was only trying to protect her, but she was sick of being locked away all the time.

Jorge glanced at Eliza as he moved out of the room leaving Sergio and Eliza alone; he had a feeling that the couple were going to be having a long conversation about what had happened today.

As soon as the security team were out of hearing range, Eliza looked at Sergio expectantly; she waited for him to speak but he didn't say a word.

“I’m sorry,” the blonde said as she attempted to break the ice; she licked her lips as she sat quietly on the couch while Sergio stood away from her.

“I know what I did was stupid…” Eliza said but a look from her husband made her fall silent, she licked her lips as she looked at him wondering if there was anything that she could say that could make this right.

“Do you have any idea what I’ve been through today?” Sergio asked as he turned to look at his wife, his brown eyes searching hers for a moment; he didn't understand why she had broken her promise so easily to him.

Taking a deep breath, the werewolf moved to sit on the coffee table and watched her closely.

“Eliza your life isn’t the same anymore… you can’t just disappear like that,” Sergio said shaking his head making the blonde swallow as she looked at him; she knew that she had been stupid to go off alone like that.

“You are my wife… I swore to protect you and I know that this isn’t perfect but right now I am the only person on your side,” Sergio said making Eliza stare at him, he sighed and shook his head before walking away and leaving her alone.

The blonde stared after him, she didn't know what it was but she had a horrible feeling that Sergio was telling her the truth; she had already lost her parents and her brother was away in Madrid, there weren’t a lot of people that she could turn to anymore.

Eliza sat in silence as she wondered if this was how her life would be from now on.