Chapter Twenty-Five: Recovering

Sergio thanked the heavens that as a werewolf, he had advanced healing as he woke after the fight; he blinked as he realised that it was now dusk and the sun was starting to set.

He carefully shifted as he assessed the damage that had yet to heal from the fight and he cursed that Evan had been able to blind sight him like that; he could only imagine how his wife had reacted to her own brother nearly killing him.

Feeling a strong urge to use the bathroom, Sergio inched his way closer to the edge of the bed, putting down his feet to the floor and standing up slowly; his whole body ached from the fight and he couldn't wait to be able to relax.

Putting his whole weight on his feet, Sergio wobbled and stumbled a few steps until he got up and started to walk unsteadily towards the en-suite bathroom; he was grateful that the walk wasn’t far from the bed to where he wanted to be.

Once he had done his business, Sergio eyed the bathtub for a moment before he made up his mind that maybe having a bath wouldn’t be such a bad idea; he was covered in the sweat, dirt and dried blood from the fight and he just wanted to be able to relax his aching body.

Turning on the old-fashion taps, Sergio felt for the right temperature before he turned his attention to the bubble bath, he searched for one of the more relaxing scents then he added it to the water.

While the tub filled up, Sergio turned and took a second look at himself in the mirror, he frowned as he looked at himself; he had dirt and dried blood stuck in his short hair which was tousled and his body was covered with dirt and blood; the wound that Evan had made at the very end had healed but the area was still red and tender.

***

Stepping into the master bedroom, Eliza sighed tiredly as she ran a hand through her hair as she thought about what had happened in the last few hours; she couldn't believe that Evan had nearly killed her husband.

Looking over to where the bed was, Eliza frowned when she didn't spot Sergio since he should have been resting however he wasn’t there; she could see the covers were messy, thrown as if he had just recently left them.

Glancing around the room, Eliza licked her lips as she tried to figure out where he could have gone before she heard water splashing in the bathroom; she sighed in relief before she headed towards the en-suite.

“You’re meant to be resting,” Eliza said as she stepped into the bathroom, she eyed her husband as he relaxed back into the water; after today, she didn't know how she would cope if he was ever challenged again.

“I’m stiff and tired, but the bath is helping,” Sergio mused as he opened his brown eyes to look at his wife, he offered her a small smile as he took her in; he could see that she was exhausted and right now he didn't blame her; a lot had happened today and with him injured certain things had fallen to her.

“You should be resting in the bed,” Eliza said crossing her arms as she leant against the wall across from the bathtub, she watched as he looked at her contently for a moment; they both knew that things would be busy for the next few days.

Evan would be forced to face trial for nearly murdering Sergio; the werewolf wouldn’t escape punishment for what he had done after the older werewolf had offered him compassion.

“I can sleep here, it feels nice and warm,” Sergio said as he watched his wife, he smirked as she rolled her eyes at him while his eyes trailed her figure; he hadn't thought that they would be here like this after the challenged.

“You know there is a high possibility that if you fall asleep, you will slip under and drown,” Eliza said making her husband smirk amused as he shifted slightly, he suddenly yearned to have her close and he hoped that she would agree to his request.

“Why don't you join me then? Keep me company?” Sergio said making the blonde stared at him, he watched her as he felt his body ache to have her close to him again; it felt like forever since he had been alone with her since her brother had challenged him.

Eliza carefully slipped out of her heels making Sergio grin, he knew that there was no doubt in his mind that she would deny him this; he watched as she pushed her shoes away from moving to remove her dress.

Sergio watched her as the material off her dress was removed and allowed to pool at her feet, she blushed making the werewolf chuckle before he closed his eyes; he knew that since she’d had the twins that she was a little nervous about being naked in front of him, he wanted to make sure that she was comfortable when she was with him.

Eliza closed the door completely to ensure them of additional privacy and then she padded to the tub, lifting the leg closest to the tub over and in the warm water. Sighing softly, she then lifted the other one over and lowered herself down to sit in front of Sergio.

***

Holding Eliza to his chest, Sergio rested his head against hers as he allowed his entire body to relax; he couldn't believe that today he had nearly been killed, he didn't know what would have happened if he had lost the fight.

“I really thought that I would lose you today,” the blonde said softly as she closed her eyes, she could feel the tears building that she hadn't shed since Evan had stabbed Sergio; he pulled her close and nuzzled his head against hers.

“You could never lose me amor,” Sergio said softly as he sensed her distress, he hated that he hadn't been able to comfort her while he had been injured and he knew that with Evan due to stand trial for his crime that she wouldn’t have been able to stop until she had come to him.

“I will always be by your side no matter what happens,” Sergio said as he attempted to comfort her, he nuzzled his head gently against hers before he kissed her softly; he cupped her face as he held her close.

The two slowly allowed their emotions to pour into the kiss; they couldn't believe how close they had come to being separated; something that the two of them didn't want to face ever again.

“I love you,” Sergio whispered as he looked until Eliza’s brown eyes, he brushed some hair from her face before he pulled her into another kiss; he didn't care what happened in the future, his wife and children were safe.

“I love you too,” Eliza breathed as she pulled back slightly from the kiss before Sergio drew her back into the kiss; he cupped her face with one hand while the other drew her closer to his body.

The two of them ignored what would happen later, all that mattered to them now was that they had each other; the kiss slowly deepened as they allowed their feelings to pour out.

Sergio knew that it would take time for them both to forget what had happened today, it would haunt them for a while that they had come so close to death only to escape it because he had moved at just the right moment.