Chapter Twenty-One: Dealing with Parenthood

Eliza yawned as she checked on the pups, it had been a week since she had given birth and the blonde had slowly adjusted to being a mother; she knew that it was a little odd but she was adapting to the pups current state.

Eliza was wearing a black cami and shorts set, that she had chosen because it was comfortable to wear after she had given birth; Sergio had taken every precaution to make sure that she had everything that she might need now.

“How are they?” Sergio asked as he appeared with breakfast, the blonde looked at her husband; they both knew that everything was going well and after the news had broken about the birth, they had received a lot of gifts from different territory leaders.

“Sleeping,” Eliza murmured grateful that the two were finally asleep, she was still adjusting to the pups feeding patterns and Sergio was trying his best to help her when he could, however since the pups were still small  and they were reliant mainly on their mother.

Sergio nuzzled his head against the blonde’s, making her closed her eyes content as she rested back against him for a moment, she was used to stealing moments with him like this now.

“You need to eat,” Sergio said softly as he nudged her gently, she looked at him as he pushed breakfast towards her; she knew that he was concerned about her eating habits since the pups had been born.

He didn't need her breast milk drying up while the pups were reliant on her, Sergio nuzzled his head against hers, he wanted to make sure that his wife and pups were safe and healthy.

“Please Eliza,” Sergio said as he kissed her shoulder, she licked her lips and nodded her head knowing that he was only concerned about her; the blonde still had a couple of months before the pups would be weaned off her milk.

Eliza nibbled on her sandwich as Sergio watched the twins for her, the werewolf smiled as he watched the pups sleep; he was glad that they seemed to be doing so well, he had feared for a moment that there would be something wrong.

“How are you?” Sergio asked as he turned his attention to his wife, he moved closer to her carefully as he gently pulled her to him.

“I’m okay, tired but okay,” Eliza reassured him as she kissed his lips, he smiled at being able to touch her; they had been a little distant recently since the pups had been born they hadn't been able to spend a lot of time together.

“I missed you amor,” Sergio said as his hands pushed up the cami that she was wearing so that he could touch the bare skin of her stomach; she moaned softly at his touch, as it cause Goosebumps up and down her arms.

“I haven’t been anywhere,” Eliza teased as she kissed his lips, he pulled her close and wrapped his arms around her; Sergio deepened the kiss until one of the pups whimpered making the blonde sigh as she pulled away from her husband making him groan.

***

Sergio sighed as he checked over things in his office; he knew that it was going to be hard being a father but he hadn't expected it to eat at his time with his wife; he sighed as he ran a hand through his hair.

The werewolf frowned as his office telephone rang, he licked his lips wondering who could be calling him; most people knew that he wasn’t working right now since he was focused on helping Eliza with the pups.

“Hola,” Sergio said as he answered the phone, he didn't want to leave his wife alone for long in case something happened; he felt his body yearning+ to be close to hers again.

“Ramos, it’s Casillas… Copas wants to see his sister,” Casillas said making Sergio frown, he knew that Eliza’s brother hadn't believed them when they had tried to tell him about what his parents had done.

Evan hadn't taken being taken from his home as well as his sister; he had refused to believe that his parents would have tried to sell him and his sister to a werewolf.

“I don’t want him near my wife or the pups if he’s going to cause problems,” Sergio said as he sat down at his desk, he knew that the younger wolf would cause trouble if he was allowed near Eliza and the pups.

“I don’t know… he hasn’t calmed down Ramos, he’s gotten worse if anything and I don’t know if I can stop him from coming even if you don’t want him to,” Casillas said making Sergio sigh as he looked at the clock wondering what he would do when Evan turned up to see Eliza.

***

Sergio licked his lips as he watched Eliza with the twins; he knew that he had to warn her about what would happen when her brother came to see her.

“Eliza, we need to talk,” Sergio said softly making his wife look at him, she tilted her head slightly wondering why he looked so serious; she didn't know what it was but she had a feeling that she wasn’t going to like what he was about to say to her.

“It’s about your brother,” he said making Eliza stare at him, she knew that Evan was away in Madrid where he had been turned into a werewolf and was undergoing training; she hadn't expected him to bring up her younger brother.

“What about him? Is he okay?” Eliza asked concerned, she hadn't seen her brother since she had married Sergio and the blonde knew that it would be a while before she was allowed to be alone with him since he was still adjusting to being a werewolf.

“Eliza, he wants to come and see you,” Sergio said softly knowing how much she missed her brother; she didn't need to tell her husband how much the recent changes had stressed her out.

“You make it sound like that’s a bad thing,” Eliza said as she moved closer to Sergio, she bit her lip as she sat next to him wondering what to think about what he might tell her about her younger brother.

“Evan hasn’t taken what’s been happening very well, he doesn’t believe what he has been told about your parents,” Sergio said softly as he licked his lips, his wife stared at him; she hadn't believed it herself until she had seen it for herself.

Eliza allowed her husband to pull her close and rested his head on top of hers; she sat quietly as she tried to wrap her head around what he was saying.

“He thinks he’s being lied to and he thinks you were tricked into the pregnancy,” Sergio explained while Eliza quietly listened, she had known that her brother wouldn’t have taken the news well when he discovered what their parents were up to; however she hadn't thought that he didn't believe what he was being told.

“Why is he coming?” Eliza asked softly, she glanced over at the pups; she felt her maternal instincts kicking in as she stared at them, she wasn’t about to let her brother harm them.

“I don’t know amor, however Iker thinks that he might be coming to see the pups,” Sergio said as he stared at Sofia and Santiago; he didn't know what he would do if Evan attacked his family, he couldn't allow him to walk away if he tried to kill the pups.

Eliza licked her lips as she looked up at her husband, she knew that he would kill her brother if it meant that he can protect her; she meant the world to him and so did the pups.