CHAPTER 9

Grimsley and you left the club through the back door. You opened the door and were met with the dark chilly night, "Shall we go?" Grimsley offered you his hand and you grabbed it.

You walked through some alleys so no one could see you. "Where are we going?", you asked. Grimsley opened his mouth to answered but was interrupted by someone in front of you two, "Thats what id like to know too."

Guzma showed up with a bunch of grunts and some aether members. You widened your eyes in fear but Grimsley squeezed your hand. "I'm taking her out of this place." he said, which made Guzma laugh, "Really? Did you forget about your pokemon Y/n ? What did i say the first time we met ?", you gulped. "G-grimsley you should go." you said, "No Y/n! We have to confront this guy or you'll never be free!". You looked down, tears started to appear in your eyes, "Its alright. I cant leave my team."

Grimsley looked down at you, he really wanted to get you out from there but knew what you felt. He pulled you closer for a hug, "if you ever need something, come meet me at the battle tree" he whispered, you hugged him back, which made Guzma even more furious. Grimsley let go of you and walked away from the scene.

Guzma stared at you and you stared back at him. The grunts left the street and went back to the club, now it was just the two of you. He started to walk towards you, you couldnt tell if he was mad, furious, disappointed... you were just scared but decided not to step back. He was right in front of you now, your body tensed up, you felt your face warming up, 'Not this again'. He lifted his arm and you prepared for the hit by closing your eyes, but were met with a caress. He was caressing your cheek, a sad look in his eyes. He rested his head on your shoulder. You didn't say anything, out of fear. He lifted his head again to stare right into your (e/c) orbs, you felt your face heating up at how close he was, his white locks tickled your skin. "Why Y/n?", you widened your eyes, you really didn't understand the question, "W-why...?", he cut you off "Why do you want to leave me?", "Guzma..." , he turned his back at you and threw his hands on his head, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING GUZMA?!", you stepped back a bit scared of his sudden reaction.

He turned around again to face you, he looked desperate, he suddenly hugged you, "I need you to stay with me, i have to protect you Y/n". You turned your head to looked at him "What do you mean? Protect me from what?", he couldnt keep staring at you and looked away. You felt bad for him, "Is this why you forced me to join team skull?", "Yes. Some people know you are the champion of Sinnoh and they want to manipulate you." Your eyes widened but now you understood the situation.

You held his hands on yours and smiled at him "Thank you Guzma." ,you kissed his cheek and he looked down at you blushing, he smiled too and squeezed your hands, "You are not mad?", "No! Now i know theres a valid reason for me to stay here and trust you!". He gave you a warm smile and hugged you tight.