New Information or Something

"Ohhhh they were soooo cute!!!" Ailee gushed after their lesson over bowtruckles.

"I dunno..." Sirius smirked at the scowl the girl sent him, "calm down," he laughed, "I was going to say that I think adorable would be a better word."

This seemed to satisfy the ginger.

"Ah so where to next?!" She asked swaying her arms as the two walked along the path back up to the castle.

"Double potions.... with Slytherin."

"Which means Lils is going to ditch me for Sev... great..." Ailee groaned. "I'm hopeless at potions, I don't know how I'm going to pass my O.W.L.s much less this class without her help."

"She could still be partners with you, why do you assume she'll pick snivellus instead?"

"Because he always takes her away!" She grumbled. Sirius raised an eyebrow and she continued. "Ugh, it's just that sev is kind of territorial over Lily, you know? I think he's a bit threaten by my friendship with her and I just know he's going to guilt her into being his partner since they don't get to see each other as often." She finished, running her hand through her hair.

"Oh.... well I don't mind being your partner." Sirius blurted out before he could stop himself. He hated to see her so glum, and just said the first thing he could think of to make her feel better. He also wouldn't mind spending more time with her...

Ailee tried to hide her slight blush behind her hair, "But I though you always partnered with James?" She was flattered that he would offer to be her partner, especially since he was almost as good as Lily in potions. But, she would feel guilty for making him partner with her out of pity when he'd rather be with his best mate.

"Oh I usually do, but I'm sure he wont mind pairing up with Remus." He laughed, "but I mean you don't have to if you don't want to, I mean I would understand if you'd rather to pair up with-" he rambled.

"Oh no! Don't get me wrong! I would love to be your partner! I just don't want you to feel like you have to when you'd rather be with one of your friends.."

"You are one of my friends." laughed Sirius as she stared back at him "is this new information or something?"

"No.. er.. I mean .. kind of.. I mean I..I.." She stammered pathetically. She had no idea why she was getting so worked up about the fact that she, Ailee Abbott was officially friends with Sirius Black. The Sirius Black.

"Oi! Padfoot what did you do to Ails?! She looks broken." Bellowed James as he met them in the hall along the way.

"I informed her of our friendship. She doesn't seem to be taking the news very well."

Ailee blushed bright red and intently wished to crawl under a rock. "Let's just go to class alright?" She said trying to lead the conversation away from her social awkwardness as the two boys sniggered.

***

Sirius and Ailee ended up being potions partners. In fact, James seemed almost excited about the prospect, which Ailee thought was bit odd. But then again, James was a bit odd. Luckily, the rest of the day went by without anymore mortifying moments of embarrassment on Ailee's part.

That evening, the schedule of Hogsmead visits was posted on the common room notice board. Excitement usually followed such news, but everyone seemed downright giddy this time.

"I can't believe the first visit is next week!" Shrieked some third year girl with pigtails.

"Oh my goodness, I thought I'd have more time to figure out how to ask Susan out! What am I going to do!?" Muttered an especially exasperated Robert wood, a sixth year whom Ailee played quidditch with.