Flobberworms

Sirius was walking towards charms class when he realized he had left his book on his desk and ran back to the transfiguration classroom. He was almost to the door when a very pretty blonde Ravenclaw named Vivian came bouncing towards him.

"Hi Siri!" Giggled the girl.

"Er hi there Vivian," he said offering an awkward wave. Vivian, while undeniably hot, was also incredibly annoying and insisted on calling him Siri which only made her more irritating his eyes.

"So Siri," she said in a sickly sweet voice, "I was wondering if you'd like to go with me to Hogsmead tomorrow."

"Oh, uh I can't. I'm actually going with someone else."

"Who?" She said, her voice a bit colder.

"Err a friend of mine." He said trying to inch away from the blonde. "Sorry..."

He left Vivian standing alone in the hallway to go grab his book.

Little did he know, Hot Billy was there to witness the whole interaction. Billy jogged ahead to catch up with the huffy blonde, where he informed her of the identity of Sirius's mysterious date.

Vivian was pissed, she knew who Ailee Abbott was. Everyone did. She was pretty and smart, but also notoriously shy and awkward. In Vivian's mind, this was practically a slap in the face. Vivian went to the restroom to reapply her lipstick when she just so happened to run across her Auburn haired enemy...

Meanwhile, Sirius made his way to class and noticed that Ailee was no where to be seen. It wasn't like her to be late to class, much less skip entirely. After a few minutes, Sirius made up an excuse about having a head ache and needing to go to the hospital wing. Once our of the classroom he pulled out the Marauders Map, which he oh so conveniently had in his possession, and found Ailee alone in some abandoned hallway, far away from where she should be. He ran to go find her and check to see if she was okay. He was just about where he had seen her on the map when he ran right into someone... no not just someone, Ailee! His Ailee!

"There you are!" He exclaimed.

"How..? How did you find me?" She asked. Her normally peppy demeanor noticeably damped. Her eyes caught sight of the map in his hands. "Oh yeah.." she mumbled.

"Ailee? Are you okay?" He asked as he helped her pick up her belongings that had been flung to the floor.

"Hmm? Oh yeah.. fine..." she replied, her mind clearly elsewhere.

"You don't seem fine." Sirius said, "did something happen? Why didn't you come to class?" He asked.

"Why do you care?" She asked genuinely.

Sirius was taken aback by the question. She was his friend, why wouldn't he care?

"Because you're my friend Ails! Please tell me what happened. You were fine last period and now your just acting so..."

"Boring?" She snapped.

"I was going to say sad..." he said. He was hurt that she could ever think he saw her as boring. "Please just tell me what happened. Please." He pleaded.

"I talked to Vivian in the bathroom... well it was actually more of a one-sided conversation. She... she.. wasn't very nice." She said softly looking down at her shoes.

"Vivian? Wait what did she say?" He knew she could be vicious, but that's why he made such a point not to tell her who he was going to Hogsmead with.

"She.. uh..." she looked up to his face which was so full of concern, his grey eyes pleading. Ailee closed her eyes and took a deep steadying breath before continuing, "She found out that we were going to Hogsmead together and.. and called me a slut." Ailee's eyes were still shut, so she didn't see the look of utter shock on Sirius's face. "And then she.. she um.. well I think she was under the impression that we were dating... or something of that nature, but Er.. well she went on about how I was too shy and boring or something and how..." she took another deep breath before finishing in a rush, "how you would get bored of me and move on to someone more your type." Her face was hot with embarrassment as she opened her eyes, yet still looking down at her shoes. She was too embarrassed to look at Sirius. "I mean I know we're not together or whatever, but it just... it still hurt my feelings you know?"

Sirius couldn't think of enough words to express how utterly ridiculous and wrong Vivian was, so he did the only other thing he could and pulled her into a massive hug, burying his face in her auburn curls that smelled of orange vanilla. Ailee didn't see this coming. She tensed at first but soon relaxed in his embrace, wrapping her arms around him as well. He made her feel safe.

After a while he pulled back, his gaze trailing from Ailees lips, to her cute freckled nose, and finally resting on her big baby blue eyes. They finally broke apart. Sirius took a deep breath and finally seemed to find his words. "Ailee, I honestly don't care if you're shy or not. You are genuinely one of the most kind hearted and interesting people I know. I know for a fact that I could never ever get bored of you.. unless maybe if you drag me to the library to study flobberworms again... but even then, your excitement over those weird things is entertainment enough." He chuckled looking down to see the corners of her lips begin to turn upward.

She blushed faintly and said, "They aren't weird. They're fascinating."

"They can be both." He smirked. "Weird yet fascinating. Just like you." She rolled her eyes.

"Did you just try to complement me by comparing me to a flobberworm? And you say I'm weird..." she scoffed playfully.