Proposition

Another Hogsmead weekend was coming up and Ailee had the perfect plan to try to figure out who Sirius's Mystery Girl was... and to see if he was still in-love with her.

Ailee and Sirius were sitting together eating lunch in the great hall the weekend before the Hogsmead visit.

"So, Sirius, I have a proposition." Ailee began.

"And what is that you propose, Blue?"

"I propose that you ask out Mystery Girl to Hogsmead." She said cooly.

Sirius nearly choked on his pumpkin juice. "W-what?"

"You heard me. I think you should ask the mystery girl you fancy out to Hogsmead. Unless you are over her of course..."

"I'm not!" He said reflexively before grimacing.

Ailee tried not to show the pain this brought to her and plastered on a wide grin. "Well.... then you need to Gryffindor up and ask her out."

"No." He said sternly.

"But why not?" She whined.

"Be-because I can't." Sirius said.

"Won't.."

"Can't! She...she only sees me as a friend."

"Well she won't when you ask her on a date!!!" Ailee spouted back loudly. Something flashed in Sirius's eyes that she couldn't pinpoint. "Just ask her." Ailee finished in a softer voice.

"I-I can't Ailee. I can't ask her be-because y-"

"HELLO LOVELY FRIENDS OF MINE!" James bellowed as he walked up to where Sirius and Ailee were seated at the great hall.

"So, what are we chatting about here?!" James said smiling as he plopped down next to them and proceeded to place several tuna fish sandwiches on his plate.

"I've been trying to tell Paddy here that he should ask Mystery Girl to Hogsmead." Ailee said with a smirk.

James looked with wide eyes over at Sirius who was shaking his head furiously. "You know Blue, I was just telling dear Padfoot the same thing."

"See!" Ailee exclaimed, "even James agrees with me!"

"Not going to happen Blue." Sirius said.

"Wait what were you going to say before James walked up?" Ailee asked, intrigued.

"N-nothing." He said quickly. Too quickly.

"Noooo, you said that you couldn't ask her because y.." she taunted.

James hid his laughter with a unconvincing cough and Ailee decided to take a new approach.

"Okay, fine. You're not going to ask her.." she said. Sirius relaxed a bit exhaling a breath he didn't know he was holding. "But you need to at least tell me who she is." She finished.

Sirius choked on his pumpkin juice for real this time. James patted him on the back laughing loudly.

"I know you don't want to tell me because you're afraid I'll tease you or whatever, but I really I think I can help! Maybe if I talk to her I can see how she feels you know?" She added honestly. At the end of the day, Sirius was her best friend, and she wanted nothing more than for him to be happy. If happy meant that he would be with Mystery Girl, she would do her best to make sure that happened, even if it broke her own heart in the process.

"No. No no no no no." Sirius protested shaking his head.

"I think that is a wonderful idea!" Said James enthusiastically. "Is there a certain reason Ailee can't be your wing-woman?" He questioned giving Sirius a knowing look.

"I-"

"SIRI!" Squealed a beautiful blonde Ravenclaw in her annoyingly high voice. Sirius grumbled muttering something under his breath that sounded suspiciously like 'this day just keeps getting better..'

"Siri! How are you?" The girl said, scooting in between him and Ailee.

"Fine." He replied shortly.

"Lovely! So, do you have any plans for the next Hogsmead visit?" She asked, cutting right to the chase.

Ailee could feel the poisonous vat of jealousy within her bubbling up with each stupid shrill word Vivian uttered.

"Actually I was planning to ask someone..." He said. He couldn't stand Vivian, especially after what she had said to Ailee in the bathroom at the beginning of the year.

"And who would that be?" She pressed, probably still hopeful that it would be her.

Ailee craned her neck to meet eyes with Sirius and mouthed 'Mystery Girl?'

He nodded.

James held his breath looking downright giddy.

On the one hand Ailee was dying to know who the mystery girl was. On the other hand she felt like she would die knowing who the mystery girl was.

Sirius's heart was pounding in his chest. He wasn't sure if it was courage, or the intense desire to wipe the smug smirk off of the vapid Ravenclaws face, or the realization that he couldn't keep his feelings a secret forever, that made him say what he did next.

"Ailee." He said simply.